Uttarakhand Land Conversion
Uttarakhand Land Conversion
Uttarakhand land conversion is a process of converting agricultural land for non-agricultural purposes. Agricultural properties cannot be utilised for development purposes such as residential, industrial, commercial or medical facilities apart from the conversion of the land into non-agricultural lands. As per the provisions contained in Uttarakhand Zamindari Abolition and Land Reforms Act, agriculture land in the Uttarakhand cannot be used for the development purpose, without the permission from the prescribed authority. In this article, we look at the procedure for getting permission for Uttarakhand land conversion in detail.
Know more about Uttarakhand Property Registration
The Uttarakhand Zamindari Abolition and Land Reforms Act
As described above, the Uttarakhand Zamindari Abolition and Land Reforms Act (ZALR Act) moderates the process of changing the land use from agriculture land to non-agriculture purpose in Uttarakhand. The process of conversion of land be completed on verification, if it is found that the owner of the property fulfils all the conditions, a conversion order will be granted to the landholder.
Note: This The Uttarakhand Zamindari Abolition and Land Reforms Act applies to all areas in the State of Uttarakhand, except those notified as planning areas by state Government.
Purposes of Uttarakhand Land Conversion
Any agriculture property can be converted, for one or more of the following purposes in Uttarakhand:
- Educational purpose
- Residential Purposes
- Charity Purpose
- Commercial Purposes
- Mineral, Bricks production and other Industry
- Animal rearing and husbandry
- Systematic farming and dairies such as isolated farms specialising in horticulture, rising of genetically enhanced crop or agriculture needs specialised abiotic premises.
- Medical facilities
- Public utility of use to the state or district
- The public or semi-public service of land use to the community, tribe or an entire anchal Ceremonials purposes
Exempted Lands for Uttarakhand Land Conversion
No permission will be granted for Uttarakhand land conversion of the following type of lands:
- Land which is under the Central or Uttarakhand Government firm about the management of Coastal Regulation Zone
- Landfalling within the boundary limit of any railway line or national highways
- Land earmarked as a controlled land in any development plan notified by the Uttarakhand Government under the Uttarakhand Urban Land Ceiling Code,
- Land identified and declared by the State Government through its Forest Department as Protected Forests
- Uttarakhand land conversion cannot be done in the zones of irrigation project and also those about the environment, public health, peace or safety
Under The Uttarakhand Zamindari Abolition and Land Reforms Act, only legal holder or occupant will be eligible to obtain nonagricultural permission in Uttarakhand. If land possession holders are more than one, then each possession holders, need to make application with a standard signature.
Prescribed Authority for Land Conversion
Lands can be called non-agricultural land if any activities like urban development are carried over on the agriculture property, which makes agriculture land, unfit for cultivation. Sub-Divisional Magistrate is the prescribed authority for Uttarakhand land conversion.
Uttarakhand Land Conversion permission for any purpose will be granted within 40 days from the date of application.
Documents required for Uttarakhand Land Conversion is described in detail below:
- Entry applicant might get ownership rights of land including all changes note
- Latest Copy of Village sample 7/12 extract (ROR)
- Account number village sample copy
- If the proposed land is premium, the copy of the order of Collector
- Supporting evidence for mortgages if deducted
- “F” form for allotment of the land under the T.P
- Certificate of zone issued by the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) in Urban or Area Development Authority
Application for Uttarakhand Land Conversion
The procedure for getting conversion order for converting agriculture land for the non-agriculture purpose in Uttarakhand is described here:
Approach SDM Office
Step 1: Superior holder of property or occupant who is seeking permission for Uttarakhand land conversion, has to submit an application form in prescribed format along with the required documents to the Sub-Divisional Magistrate in whose jurisdiction the concerning agriculture property is situated. The applicant can also send application through post.
We have herewith enclosed an application for Uttarakhand Land Conversion:Application
Issue of Receipt
Step 2: After receiving non-agriculture permission, SDM will verify the evidence and accept the request for land conversion and issue a receipt of such request immediately. If the application is received through the post, then the receipt will be provided within seven days from the date of receiving.
Step 3: After scrutinising the application form, the SDM will forward the application to Tehsildar within two days.
Step 4: Tehsildar will ask for a report from Revenue Inspector (RI) within ten days. RI will visit the premises within the time fixed to Tehsildar.
- Whether the property in a question belongs to new conditions as per UK tenancy act or prohibited authority type
- Whether land has been included into UK Urban Land Ceiling Act
- Whether the land is under land acquisition
- If any case, dispute or appeal procedures are going on the land in question
- The Uttarakhand government has any outstanding for land in question
Step 5: Tehsildar verifies the application form and submits the report with his remarks to SDM within 03 days.
Step 6: SDM will issue the notices to concern for objections if any and objection can be submitted within 21 days of notice.
Verification by District Development Officer
Step 7: If the sub-divisional officer (SDO) or Sub-Divisional Magistrate have any case, it will be verified within twenty-one days of receipt and forward it to Tehsildar and proceed for obtaining opinions as described above.
Step 8: After receiving an opinion of Tehsildar, sub-divisional officer (SDO) or Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM) will decide about issuing the non-agriculture usage permission within the time limit.
Step 9: The SDO/SDM after verification, issue permission for Uttarakhand land conversion.
Entries in the Revenue Records
Step 10: The Tehsildar authority, after the issue of the conversion order, change the particulars of the tenancy land by making necessary entries in the Uttarakhand revenue records (ROR)
Convert Agriculture Land
Any agricultural land, converted for a non-agricultural purpose can be used for such converted purpose within a year from the date of issue of the permission.
If the land is not converted within the prescribed time, the permission granted will be withdrawn and the premium deposited will be relinquished to the Uttarakhand State Government.