Uttarakhand Farm Loan Scheme
Uttarakhand Farm Loan Scheme
The Government of Uttarakhand has introduced a farm loan scheme called Deendayal Upadhyay SahKarita Kisan Kalyan Yojana as an initiative to assist small and marginal farmers of the state. This scheme will provide loan facilities to strengthen the rural economy and to improve the financial conditions of the farmers. In this article, we look at the Uttarakhand farm loan scheme in detail.
Purpose of the Scheme
The purpose of the scheme is to increase the cultivation of agriculture by raising the income of the farmers. Through this scheme, the eligible farmers can improve the livelihood options by establishing small agro-based units in the rural areas.
Salient Features of the Scheme
The features of the Deendayal Upadhyay SahKarita Kisan Kalyan Yojana, are listed below:
- Under this scheme, the Uttarakhand government will provide loans of up to the farmers of the state at the low-interest rate.
- The government will provide soil health card to the farmers so that they can use seeds, fertilizers or pesticides as per soil requirement.
- Direct Benefit Transfer is implemented in the state to transfer subsidies directly to the farmer’s bank accounts to buy fertilizer.
- Also, the beneficiaries can get free gas connections under this scheme.
The eligibility criteria to obtain the loan under Uttarakhand Deendayal Upadhyay SahKarita Kisan Kalyan Yojana is explained in detail below:
- Poor and marginal farmers in the Uttarakhand state can avail the loan offered in the scheme.
- People leaving in the border areas can take the benefit of the scheme.
Interest Rate and Subsidy Provided
Under this scheme, Uttarakhand Government provides a loan amount of up to Rs.1 lakh at the interest rate of 2% to the eligible farmers to establish small-scale agro-based units in rural areas to improve livelihood. So far, the central government has issued a subsidy of 75 lakh crore for the farmers.
The required documents have to be submitted along with the application form.
- Aadhar card.
- Bank Passbook.
- Residence proof of applicant.
- Kisan card.
To register for a farm loan scheme, follow the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: The applicant should visit the Gram Panchayat where the farmers will have to register their name for the enrollment process.
Step 2: The concerned officer will provide an application form, and you need to fill it with the details regarding the applicant and his family members in the application.
Step 3: After filling the application form along with required documents the verification process will take place by the concerned authority for the approval of the loan.
Step 4: Then the beneficiaries will automatically receive the loan amount to their registered bank account.
Repayment Of Loan Amount
The eligible farmers can return the loan within three years. On non-payment of the loan amount, a compounding charge will be levied on the farmer after one year.