Tool Rooms & MSME Technology Centres
Tool Rooms & MSME Technology Centres
Ministry of Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSME), in its endeavor to provide the right stimulus for the growth of MSMEs in the country, has established Tool Rooms & MSME Technology Centres. It is a Component of the Infrastructure Development & Capacity Building scheme. Tool Room & Technical Institutions are concentrated on integrated development of the relevant sector of industries to help MSME.
The objective of the scheme
The primary objective of the Tool Rooms & MSME Technology Centers is as follows:
- To improve access of MSMEs to tooling facilities for enhancement of their efficiency and providing industry-ready manpower by conducting the training program.
- To provide assistance in Process and Product development in the relevant sector.
- To provide Consultancy and job works service in the relevant sector.
Nature of Assistance
Tool Rooms & MSME Technology Centers scheme is providing the following benefits to MSME units.
- To provide access to MSMEs for tooling facilities for enhancement of their efficiency
- Process & Product development in the relevant sector
- Consultancy and Job work in relevant Sector and
- Skill Development
- Units desirous of availing tooling and dies facilities and consultancy services
- The eligibility for training programs includes from school dropout to M.Tech level
Quality Tool, Industry Manpower and Consultancy Service for MSME
The Technology Centres (TCs) facilitate integrated development of MSMEs by providing quality Tool, Industry ready manpower, consultancy in tooling and related areas and processes & Products development in product groups like Foundry & Forging, Electronics, Electrical Measuring Instruments, Fragrance & Flavour, Glass, Sports Goods, and Footwear designing.
These TCs are providing these services across the country
The Ministry has been investing periodically to upgrade the TRs & TIs by introducing new technologies such as 3D Printing, Glass Machining, CAD/ CAM, CNC machining for tooling, vacuum heat treatment, Robotics, and Process Automation, etc.
Training Programme for MSME
- Tool Rooms & MSME Technology Centers are conducting various training Programmes include NSQF Compliance Courses, AICTE/NCVT/SCVT approved courses
- A variety of training courses as per the needs of the industry is provided. The scheme provides industry-ready manpower & creates Entrepreneurship.
- TRs & TIs have also developed special training programs to meet the requirements at the international level.
- Technology Centres are conducting training programs for international participants sponsored under various agreements like Technical Co-operation Scheme of Colombo (TCS), Special Commonwealth African Assistant Programme (SCAAP), Indian Technical and Economic Co-operation (ITEC), Aid to Sri Lanka, etc
Technical Services Offered for MSME
In addition, these institutes provide technical services such as the design of parts and components, materials testing, heat treatment, quality control, and technical consultancy related to product and process improvement.
Tool Rooms & MSME Technology Centers apart from extending design, development & manufacturing support to MSMEs for complex tools, parts, and components (many that serve as import substitutes) have also supported the strategic sectors such as aerospace, defense, atomic energy, etc. of the country for their R&D requirements.’
Technology Centres of MSME
According to this scheme, the Government has established 18 Technology Centres (earlier known as Tool Rooms & Technology Development Centres.
- Central Footwear Training Institute (CFTI), Agra
- Process & Product Development Centre (PPDC), Agra
- Indo German Tool Room (IGTR), Ahmedabad
- Indo German Tool Room (IGTR), Aurangabad
- Central Tool Room & Training Centre (CTTC), Bhubaneswar
- Central Footwear Training Institute (CFTI), Chennai
- Centre for Development of Glass Industry (CDGI), Firozabad
- Tool Room & Training Centre (TRTC), Guwahati
- Central Institute of Tool Design (CITD), Hyderabad
- Indo German Tool Room (IGTR), Indore
- Central Institute of Hand Tools (CIHT), Jalandhar
- Indo Danish Tool Room (IDTR), Jamshedpur
- Fragrance & Flavour Development Centre (FFDC), Kannauj
- Central Tool Room & Training Centre (CTTC), Kolkata
- Central Tool Room (CTR), Ludhiana
- Process cum Product Development Centre (PPDC), Meerut
- Institute for Design of Electrical Measuring Instruments, Mumbai
- Electronics Service & Training Centre (ESTC), Ramnagar
The TRS & TIs adhere to the principles of Total Quality Management (TQM). They are ISO 9001-2000 certified institutions and a few of them are ISO-14000, OHSAS-18000, ISO-29990, and ISO-50001 certified. Central Tool Room & Training Centre, Bhubaneswar is also AS-9100 certified for Aerospace Component Supply.
Online application for training can be filled at respective Technology Centres’ website or in person at Technology Centre. For tooling and consultancy services, the relevant Technology Centers may be visited.
The applicant MSME can apply for the scheme by clicking on the respective weblink of the Technology Centre
|S.No||Name of the State||Name of the Technology Centre||Sector Served||TC Web Link|
|1||ODISHA||Central Tool Room & Training Centre (CTTC), Bhubaneswar||General Engineering (Aerospace, Precision Components)||www.cttc.gov.in|
|2||JHARKHAND||Indo Danish Tool Room (IDTR), Jamshedpur||General Engineering (Auto parts- Metal)||www.idtr.gov.in|
|3||WEST BENGAL||Central Tool Room & Training Centre (CTTC), Kolkata||General Engineering||www.msmetoolroomkolkata.com|
|4||ASSAM||Tool Room & Training Centre (TRTC), Guwahati||General Engineering||www.trtcguwahati.org|
|5||MAHARASHTRA||Indo German Tool Room (IGTR), Aurangabad||General Engineering (Auto parts – Metal)||www.igtr-aur.org|
|6||MAHARASHTRA||Institute for Design of Electrical Measuring Instruments (IDEMI), Mumbai||Electrical & Electronic Components Design & Manufacturing and Calibration & Testing||www.idemi.org|
|7||MADHYA PRADESH||Indo German Tool Room (IGTR), Indore||General Engineering (Auto parts & Pharmaceutical – Plastic)||www.igtr-indore.com|
|8||GUJARAT||Indo German Tool Room (IGTR), Ahmedabad||General Engineering (Auto parts & Plastic components)||www.igtrahd.com|
|9||PUNJAB||Central Tool Room (CTR), Ludhiana||General Engineering (Auto Parts- Metal)||www.ctrludhiana.com|
|10||PUNJAB||Central Institute of Hand Tools (CIHT), Jalandhar||Hand Tools||www. Nicht. in|
|11||TELANGANA||Central Institute of Tool Design (CITD), Hyderabad||General Engineering (Automation)||www.citdindia.org|
|12||UTTARAKHAND||Electronics Service & Training Centre (ESTC), Ramnagar||Electronic System Design & Manufacturing (ESDM)||www.estcindia.com|
|13||UTTAR PRADESH||Product & Process Development Centre (PPDC), Agra||Foundry & Forging||www.ppdcagra.in|
|14||UTTAR PRADESH||Process cum Product Development Centre (PPDC), Meerut||Sport Goods||www.ppdcmeerut.com|
|15||UTTAR PRADESH||Centre for Development of Glass Industries (CDGI), Firozabad||Glass Industry||www.cdgiindia.net|
|16||UTTAR PRADESH||Fragrance & Flavour Development Centre (FFDC), Kannauj||Fragrance & Flavour||www.ffdcindia.org|
|17||UTTAR PRADESH||Central Footwear Training Institute (CFTI), Agra||Footwear||www.cftiagra.org.in|
|18||TAMIL NADU||Central Footwear Training Institute (CFTI), Chennai||Footwear||www.cftichennai.in|