Society Registration in Telangana
Society Registration in Telangana
Society or association is an organized group of people with an aim and objective of non-profitable service. As per the provision of Telangana Societies Registration Act, 2001, society can be registered in the office of the Registrar in which district the society is intended to be established. Registration of society will have legal recognition, and it will be possible to run society legally with discipline. In this article, we look at the procedure for Telangana Society Registration in detail.
For assistance on Society Registration in Telangana, get in touch with an IndiaFilings Advisor at [email protected].
Societies Registration Act, 2001
As per the Societies Registration Act, 2001 a minimum of 7 persons who have attained the age of 18 years can form a society in Telangana. Society should contain a minimum of 3 executive committee members. The following are some of the purposes to form a society:
- Art, Fine Arts and crafts
- Educational, charity, cultural, literature and religious purposes
- Sports (excluding games of chance) purpose
- Knowledge of commerce and industry purpose
- For political education and training
- For maintaining a library in Telangana
- For collection and preservation of historical monuments, technical and philosophical research
- Promotion of scientific temper in society
- For any public purpose
Acceptable Name for Society
The name of the society will not be similar to society already existing in the District. As per Prevention of Improper Use Act, 1950, does not allow the following society names:
- Names prohibited or registered by State or Central Government through executive instructions are cannot be used
- Government Emblems and Names are also not allowed
- Names with an Indian Institute or University also cannot be registered
MOA and Bye-Law
On registration of society in Telangana, certified copies of Memorandum of Association of a Society (MOA) and Bye-laws of Society will be issued. These documents are evidence for society registration.
Memorandum of Association (MOA)
MOA of Society is also known as NGO registration form; it contains the name of the society, aim and objects of the society and names, occupations of the members of the committee.
Bye-Laws of Society
The bye-laws documents contain provisions in respect of the following matters:
- The identity of society – name and address
- Activities of society
- Membership details including eligibility, admission, withdrawal and termination of members
- Information regarding the manner of meetings to be held or convened, quorum, functions and responsibilities
- Details of office bearers and their appointment, election, removal, recall and their responsibilities
- Finance related data’s such as types of funds to be raised, the appointment of auditors and liability of members for the discharge of debts
- Internal matters of settlement of internal disputes and dissolution of the society
Fee for Registration
Society registration fee in Telangana state is Rs. 200.
Documents Required for Registration
Following documents are necessary for society registration in Telangana:
- Acknowledgement containing the reference number
- Proceedings of the first meeting
- Application, Affidavit and Memorandum of Society
- Executive committee members ID and address proof
- Passport size photographs of executive committee members
- If the office is in rented premises, registered lease agreement needs to be submitted
- In the case of office is in own premises declaration and no rent is collected form are necessary
Application Form for Society Registration
For register, a society in Telangana, application and affidavit in a prescribed format needs to be submitted along with documents for society registration.
Society Registration Procedure
The step by step guidelines to register a society in Telangana is below in detail:
Step 1: Visit the Registration and Stamp Department of Telangana official website.
Step 2: Provide applicant details such as Name, Surname, Gender, UID, contact details and address.
Step 3: Enter the following details of society:
- General body meeting
Step 4: Select the category of society from the drop-down menu.
Step 5: Check the society name availability by clicking on the check Society Name Availability button.
Step 6: Click on save as a draft to save the details and click on payment.
Step 7: Send all original documents to District Registrar Office, either through courier or by RPAD or by dropping documents at the drop-box located at the District Registrar office.
Step8: The Senior Assistant in the District office will verify the documents and application.
Step 9: Upon successful verification, a recommendation for approval is made to District Registrar.
Step 10: Based on the recommendation provided by Sr. Assistant, District Registrar approves the registration and signs the registration certificate.
Status of application
The applicant can get the status of the application by directly visit the Registration and Stamp Department official site and provide an application reference number and click on submit.
Download Registration Certificate
The applicant can get the Society registration certificate online from the Registration and stamp department. Enter the application reference number and click on submit.
Download Certified Copy of Bye-Law
Visit the Certified Copy of Bye-Law page of Registration and Stamp Department home page. Enter society registration number, concern district and year of registration. Click on the search option to get the Byelaw document.
District Registrar Contact Details
Telangana district Society Registrar contact details are below:
Post by Renu Suresh
Renu is experience content writer specialised in compliances and company rules.