Sanjay Gandhi Niradhar Yojana
Sanjay Gandhi Niradhar Yojana
Government of Maharashtra implemented Sanjay Gandhi Niradhar Yojana to help women, orphan children and person suffering from a severe illness in the State. Sanjay Gandhi Niradhar Yojana’s key objective is to support the needy person financially. The Beneficiary (eligible women and children) will get a monthly Pension from Government. This article demonstrates the Sanjay Gandhi Niradhar Yojana’s eligibility criteria and application procedure in detail.
Sanjay Gandhi Niradhar Yojana Beneficiaries
The main focus of this scheme is to help women and children. Below mentioned persons will get monthly Pension through Sanjay Gandhi Niradhar Yojana:
- Disabled Person
- Orphan children
- A person suffering from a severe illness
- Divorced women
- Outraged women
- Abandoned women
- Women freed from prostitution
Eligibility for Sanjay Gandhi Niradhar Pension
Beneficiaries mentioned above are eligible for this Pension. Other eligibility criteria to receive Sanjay Gandhi Niradhar Pension are listed below:
- The person should be a resident of Maharashtra
- A person with 40% and above disability is eligible for SGN Pension
- A person who is affected by significant illness will be eligible only if the age is below 65 years
- If the family income of a person is less than Rs. 21000, then he or she can apply for SGN Pension
SGNP Pension Amount
Pension amount for Sanjay Gandhi Niradhar Yojana Beneficiaries is here for reference:
Family with only one Beneficiary (Individual)
|2||Family with more than one beneficiary|
Note: Finical support will be given to the Beneficiary until his or her child becomes 25 years. In the case of only one daughter, the Beneficiary will continue to receive Pension without considering the daughters’ age. Even if the daughter is getting married, the Beneficiary will get Pension.
Document Required to Apply SGNY
Essential documents to apply the Sanjay Gandhi Niradhar Scheme are below for reference:
- Sanjay Gandhi Niradhar Scheme Application Form
- Residence certificate of Maharashtra
- Age proof document (Niradhar old age certificate)
- Income certificate to prove family income is below Rs. 21000 (Salary slip can be provided)
- Certificate of BPL (Below Poverty Line family).
- Certificate of incapacity can be provided.
- In the case of major illness, Medical certificate needs to be submitted. The medical certificate should be issued by the medical superintendent or the civil surgeon of Government hospitals.
Applying for Sanjay Gandhi Niradhar Scheme
Procedure to apply for Sanjay Gandhi Niradhar Pension scheme:
Step 1: Fill Sanjai Gandhi Niradhar Yojana Application form.
Step 2: After filling all details in the application form, visit Talathi of the village.
Step 3: You need to visit Tahsildar for further process.
Step 4: You have to contact the officer of District social welfare officer to complete the application procedure.
Step 5: The State Government will announce the beneficiaries list and Pension will be granted to such beneficiaries.
Step 6: Pension amount will be distributed to all beneficiaries through Tahsildar.