Rajasthan Death Certificate
Rajasthan Death Certificate
A death certificate is a legal document issued by the concerned State Government to certify the deceased state of a person. Registration of death is mandatory under the Rajasthan Government as per the provisions of Registrations of Death Act, 1969. In this article, we look at the procedure for obtaining a death certificate in Rajasthan.
Purpose Of Death certificate
There are several reasons to obtain death certificate which declares the cause, location and time of death. This certificate serves as proof for legal purposes to collect pension benefits, claiming life insurance and other official commitments.
Registering Death in Rajasthan
A person’s death has to be registered within 21 days from the date of death. The concerned persons are responsible for registering death under the following circumstances:
- Death occurs in the house: The head of the household is eligible to register the death in the concerned Registrar Office.
- Death occurs in hospital: A medical institution or any other person on his behalf is responsible for registering the death in the respective Registrar Office.
- Death occurs in jail: The jail in-charge can register the death with the concerned Registrar Office.
- Death occurs in public place: The local police in-charge or headman of the village can register the death.
At the time of furnishing the application form, submit the following documents:
- Proof of birth of the deceased.
- A copy of ration card.
- The affidavit which contains the time and place of death.
- Passport size photograph of the deceased.
- Medical document related to death, optional.
Procedure for Obtaining Death Certificate
To register for a death certificate under the Rajasthan Government, follow the steps given below:
Step 1: To obtain an application for the death certificate, the applicant needs to visit your concerned district registrar office.
Step 2: Fill the application form and submit it along with the required documents to the above-specified office.Rajasthan
Step 3: On submission of application, the applicant receives an acknowledgement slip to track the application status.
Track Application Status Online
By using the official portal of Rajasthan, the applicant can track the application status.
- Click on ” Get Status” which is visible on the home page and enter your receipt number.
- Select “Get Results” to display the application saved.
Note: Once the application status is approved, the Death Certificate can be downloaded from the e-Mitra website by remitting a fee of Rs.11 per copy.
Post by Karthiga
IndiaFilings is India's largest online compliance services platform dedicated to helping people start and grow their business, at an affordable cost. We were started in 2014 with the mission of making it easier for Entrepreneurs to start their business. We have since helped start and operate tens of thousands of businesses by offering a range of business services. Our aim is to help the entrepreneur on the legal and regulatory requirements, and be a partner throughout the business lifecycle, offering support at every stage to ensure the business remains compliant and continually growing.