Punjab Smart Ration Card
Punjab Smart Ration Card
Ration cards are used to supply food grains and other provisions at a subsidised rate to the poor and needy. These cards are issued to people who are categorised under Below Poverty Line (BPL) to avail the benefits provided by the government. The Government of Punjab has refurbished the previous scheme and provided smart ration card to citizens of Rajasthan. The benefits of the scheme are the same as the one before, but the functioning of the scheme is different from the previous ones. In this article, we look at the procedure for applying for Punjab smart ration card.
Traits of the Scheme
- The State Government has implemented this scheme to ensure the needy people get their staple food, which is atta and dal.
- The Government has appointed agents to deliver the provisions to the doorsteps of the recipients.
- The eligible people receive food grains at a subsidised cost.
- To identify the eligible people, the blue ration cards will be replaced by the Smart Cards.
- Every family possessing a smart ration card will be entitled to receive 2.5 kg of pulses.
- The cost of wheat is only Rs. 2 per kg.
- The scheme aims to reach more than 30 lakh people.
- The scheme is worked in agreement with the National Food Security Act, 2013 making sure that the poorest of the poor have access to food grains.
- The applicant should be a resident of the state.
- The applicant should receive a low income.
- The applicant should belong to the below poverty line.
- Aadhar Card
- Residential Documents
- Below Poverty Line Card
- Caste Certificate
- Antyodaya Food Pass
- Passport size photo of the applicant
How to Apply
Given below are the procedures to apply for the scheme:
Step 1: Approach the Taluk office
The eligible people have to approach the Taluk office to receive the application form. The application can also be availed from the Food Officer’s Office.
Step 2: Enter the Details
The following details have to be entered in the application form:
- Name of the applicant
- Address of the applicant
- Contact Details
- District or Taluk Name
Step 3: Affixing the photograph
The applicant has to affix a passport size photo in the application form.
Step 4: Attaching the documents
The applicant has to attach the photocopies of all the required documents.
Step 5: Submission of the form
The form has to be submitted to the nearest Gram Panchayat Office, Block Officer or at the Zilla Parishad Office.
Step 6: Verification
Before issuing the card, verification will be conducted by the concerned authorities.