Punjab Factory Registration
Punjab Factory Registration
In Punjab, registration of factory is mandatory as per the provisions of Factory Act, 1948. The factory owners are responsible for registering their premises with the local governing authority before the start of a business. Before granting a factory license the approval of building plan is required for the factory. The Chief Inspector of Labour Commissioner Organisation will issue the factory license after registration of factory. In this article, we look at the procedure for obtaining Punjab factory registration in detail.
The Factories Act, 1948
According to the Factories Act, the procedure for registration and license is given under section 6 are as follows:
- Description of factories or business plans of any class has to be submitted to the chief inspector or the state government.
- Replacement or expanding of any plant or machinery in specified limits, will not be charged additionally for extension of the factory if involved with safe working space and environmental conditions.
Applicability for Factory License
The below-mentioned factories are required to get factory license under the following conditions.
- The factory or establishment is holding ten or more workers employed with the use of power for manufacturing activities.
- The factory or establishment is carrying twenty or more workers employed without the use of power for manufacturing activities.
Documents Required for Building Plan Approval
The required documents are to be provided for the approval of your building plan.
- The competent person should make application for submission of the plans in Form No.1-C (Annexure-A) along with the following methods and documents in duplicate to be signed by the Occupier or Manager.
- A certificate of approval of a site or a factory from the local authority, if site located in an area where notified that draft master plan does not exist in such case certificate form an officer, Department of Town Country Planning, concerning the classification of land use to the effect that such site falls in an industrial area or zone.
- Form No.1-D (Annexure-B) particulars of rooms in the factory.
- Form No.1-E (Annexure-C) and replies to questionnaire annexed.
- Flowchart of the manufacturing process giving a brief description of the process in various stages.
- Receipt of cess deposited under Building & Other Constructions Workers Welfare Cess Act, 1996.
- Approval from Site Appraisal Committee if the hazardous process is involved.
- Particulars of the plant to be installed should be certified by a competent person recognised by the Chief Inspector of Factories.
Documents Required for Factory Registration
The required documents are to be submitted along with the application form of factory registration.
- Copy of name and values of principal products manufactured during the last twelve months.
- Copy of Occupier’s Information based on one of the following:
- Details of the proprietor of the factory in case of a private firm or proprietary firm
- List of Partner details in case of partnership firm/concern.
- List of Directors details in case of a public limited liability company or firm.
- The name of the managing agencies and directors in case of the managing agent has been appointed
- Shareholders details in case of a private company, where no Managing Agents have been nominated.
- Details of the Chief Administrative Head in case of a Government or local fund factory.
- Copy of Manager Signature.
Fee for Factory License
The Schedule of prescribed fee payable at the time of registration in Punjab is tabulated below:
The quantity of H.P placed
|The maximum number of persons to be worked on any day during the year.|
|Up to 20||From 21 to 50||From 51 to 100||From 101 to 250||From 251 to 500||From 501 to 1000||Above 1000|
|Up to 20||Rs.450||Rs.750||Rs.1500||Rs.3000||Rs.4500||Rs.7500||Rs.10,500|
|Above 21 But Not Above 50||Rs.675||Rs.1500||Rs.2250||Rs.4500||Rs.7500||Rs.10,500||Rs.15,000|
|Above 51 But Not Above 100||Rs.1500||Rs.2250||Rs.3000||Rs.7500||Rs.10,500||Rs.15,000||Rs.18,000|
|Above 101 But Not Above 250||Rs.2250||Rs.3000||Rs.6000||Rs.10,500||Rs.15,000||Rs.18,000||Rs.22,500|
|Above 251 But Not Above 500||Rs.3000||Rs.4500||Rs.7500||Rs.12,000||Rs.18,000||Rs.22,500||Rs.30,000|
|Above 501 But Not Above 1000||Rs.4500||Rs.6000||Rs.10,500||Rs.15,000||Rs.22,500||Rs.30,000||Rs.37,500|
Online Registration Procedure for Factory
To register for the factory in the state of Punjab, follow the steps explained below:
Visit Official Portal
Step 1: The applicant has to visit the official website of the Department of Labour, Punjab.
Step 2: Click on the “Login” tab which is present on the homepage of the portal.
Provide Login Details
Step 3: On the next screen, the applicant has to provide the login details like username, password and mobile number if already registered as the existing user with the portal.
Step 4: If not already registered then the applicant has to log in as the new user with the registration details such as
- Applicant name
- Mobile number
- Email address
- Country name
After filing all the details and then click on the “Submit” button.
Choose License Type
Step 5: Select the desired license from the dropdown list. If the applicant has already applied for a licence in office in any year, then select Renewal or Amendment and enter licence details such as license number, number of employees, number of contractors and scan the copy of the license in pdf format.
Step 6: Select the factory circle name by reading the full details regarding the applicant and then click on Start filling application.
Application Form for Factory License
Step 7: On the next screen, fill the application form-2 for factory license after filling the form click on “Next’ button to save entered information into the e-Labour web portal. Or else click on “Previous” button, then the applicant will go back to the previous page.
Step 8: Click on Lock and Submit button to lock your application and no changes can be made. You can also edit your application by clicking on the “Edit” button.
Step 9: Then the finally saved application will submit your form to concerned authority and assign a file number and status of the file changed to the application submitted.
Step 10: Upon submission, click on “Pay Now” button to make payment for factory registration.
Select Payment Mode
Step 11: Select Payment Method, as Online Payment and clearance for which applicant is paying and click Proceed button.
Make Online Payment
Step 12: Then your payments details and estimated total fees will be displayed on the screen and click on “Click here to pay” button.
Step 13: Click on payment method as net banking and select the appropriate bank from the list of bank displayed and click on “Continue” button.
Step 14: Then the current page will be redirected to the net banking bank.
Step 15: Enter your user id and password of your net banking and confirm your online transaction.
Step 16: Then the successful message will be displayed on the screen as the acknowledgement for the transaction.
Step 17: Click on “Back to details” button to view the status of the application submitted.
Make Offline Payment
Step 18: Click on Payment Method, as Offline to make payment through offline and click on the “Proceed” button.
Step 19: Enter the payment details like Challan Number, Payment Date, Bank, Payment Receipt and Comments and click on “Submit” button.
Step 20: After making payment offline your application will be submitted in the portal automatically.
Issuance of Factory License
The inspection will be carried out by a team of inspectors are assigned by the Labour Department. After the site inspection, the inspection report will be uploaded in the portal within fifteen days from the days from the date of receipt submitted. If the application status is approved, then the SMS or email will be forwarded regarding the approval of factory license. If not approved within fifteen days then the applicant is excepted to resubmit the application by correcting the mistakes or apply in person.
Renewal of License
The validity of the factory license is for one year, so the expired license has to renewed by applying for renewal in the same registration process as mentioned above.