Nilgiris is one of the leading and the oldest supermarket chains in South India with origins dating back to early 1905. Unlike other supermarkets and grocery shops, it sells its own products among other brands. Its pioneer efforts assisted in delivering unmatched value in terms of range and shopping experience to the customer by offering a wide range of general merchandise, grocery, and personal care products. In this article, we look at the procedure for starting a Nilgiris franchise in detail.
Why Nilgiris Franchise?
Bakery merchandises has emerged as the dominant segment, and have contributed to the higher market share of the sector in recent years. Cakes, bread, and biscuits are some of the most highly consumed products across the earth. Nilgiris is known for its fresh bakes, bread, dairy and food come with a wholesome goodness perfected over the last 100 years.
- It has more than 170 franchised stores across the southern states of India.
- It is an iconic brand that enjoys wide household recall in the southern states of Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, and Kerala.
- It is providing customers with a shopping experience that connects around freshness of produce, superior quality and better value.
- It has evolved of being a dairy farm specialising in butter to a supermarket chain of over 90 stores spread over India’s southern states.
Nilgiris offers products in three categories such as Bakery, Dairy, and Rice and Grocery. It includes a wide range of items as mentioned below:
Bakery: Bread, Buns, Bar Cakes, Cookies, Cakes, Sweet Treat, Chocolates, Dry Cake.
Dairy: Cheese, Flavoured Yogurt, Milk, Paneer, Butter, Butter Milk, Cream.
Rice and Grocery: Atta, Millets, Dals, Dried Fruits, Spices, Rice, Edible oil, and Salt.
Nilgiris Franchise details
Nilgiris would require a prime location in high streets, preferable corner locations and other location with adequate visibility. To include all these facilities, the space required should have a minimum area of 2000 square feet.
Cost and Investment
Apart from the variation in land cost, the investment amount required to start a franchise will be from INR 20 lakhs – 25 lakhs.
Return on Investment
Return on Investment (ROI) is a type of performance measure to provide the amount of return on an investment, which can be expected up to 20% on sales or services.
Business Partners of Nilgiris
Nilgiris looks for business partners with sincere commitment or highly motivated organisations to ensure consistent customer’s needs.
The franchise is given to the specific states for the selling of the franchisor’s services such as Tamil Nadu, Kerala, and Karnataka.
Support for Franchisee
The following services and training are provided by Nilgiris to the franchisee
- It provides support in site selection and for setting up the design and construction of the store.
- Complete operating manuals for franchisees.
- Franchisee training location is Head Office.
- Field assistance will be given to the franchisee
- Expert guidance from Head Office will be provided to the franchisee while opening the franchise store.
- Advertising pamphlets would provide to the franchisee with the push and grow off the business quickly.
- Current IT systems including Software/Hardware support will be incorporated into the franchise.
Agreement and Term Details
Once the entrepreneur applies to become Nilgiris Franchise, a team will contact them to understand their needs and evaluate the needs and the location (if existing). The team will share detailed business information after signing a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU).
Note:- Exclusive territorial rights to a unit franchise will be given and the payback period of capital for a unit franchise is three years.
An individual who has passion and focused on doing a franchise business can invest and become an entrepreneur by being part of the Nilgiris Franchise. The following are the steps to be followed to apply for the franchise as mentioned below:
Step 1: Official Website
The interested entrepreneur should visit the official website of Nilgiris
Step 2: Franchise Registration
Click on “Franchise Enquiry ” option which is available on the home page of the portal.
Step 3: Application Form
Now the Nilgiris Franchise application form will open up on the screen.
Step 4: Complete the Details
Fill out the franchise application form with the appropriate details like
- Applicant name
Step 5: Submit the Application
After filing the details, the applicant should click on “Submit ” option for successful registration.
For More Enquiries
The Nilgiris Dairy Farm Private Limited,
Off Jogeshwari Vikhroli Road,
Phone: 1800 210 0060
Email: [email protected]