Nagaland Tribe Certificate
Nagaland Tribe Certificate
As per Indian Constitution, the term Scheduled Tribes alludes to the specific indigenous group whose status is acknowledged to some formal degree by the National Legislation. The tribe certificate is proof of one’s belonging to a particular tribal group according to the Indian Constitution. Concerned District Collector issues the tribe certificate to the residents of Nagaland. This article examines the procedure for obtaining the Nagaland Tribe Certificate in detail.
Scheduled Tribes and Naga Tribes
Scheduled Tribes are present in many states of our country. From the Post-Independence period till today, the tribe people are maintaining their originality, tradition and ethnic culture. Criteria for specifying the scheduled tribes are here:
- The traditional occupation of a definite geographical area in our country.
- The distinctive culture that incorporates a whole spectrum of tribal people ways of life that are the traditions, customs, language, arts and religious beliefs and crafts.
- Primitive traits portray occupational pattern and economy.
- Lack of educational and techno-economic development.
In Nagaland, tribes are classified as Schedule tribes and Naga Tribes. List of recognized schedule and Naga tribes are given here:
Importance of Tribe Certificate
Benefits of obtaining Nagaland Tribe certificate is in detail here.
- Tribe certificate is mandatory to prove tribal identity in the civil society and also to identify the tribal community members.
- This certificate is beneficial for students to get Government facilities like educational facilities in Schools, College and University.
- For applying for a scholarship, students must furnish a tribe certificate.
- Tribe certificate is one of the essential documents to get relaxation in fees at the time of admission in the Educational Institution.
- Tribe certificate has to be produced to get relaxation in upper age limits when applying for Government Jobs.
- To get the facility of reservation of seat in the various elections conducted to choose representative’s tribe certificate is an important document.
- Local bodies’ elections
- Parliamentary elections
- Assembly elections
Documents required for applying the Nagaland Schedule Tribe (ST) Certificate is below:
- Passport-sized photograph
- Age proof – Birth Certificate/SSLC book
- Father’s ST Certificate
- Marriage certificate – For the married woman
- Permanent Resident Certificate
- Land Allotment Passbook or Land Possession Certificate
The Government of Nagaland provides free service for processing the Tribe Certificate.
Applying Tribe Certificate through CSC
Procedure for applying Nagaland tribe certificate through CSC centre is in detail below.
Step 1: Approach nearest Common Service Centre (CSC) in your locality.
Step 2: Submit the application for Nagaland Tribe certificate along with all documents to CSC centre.INDIGENOUS application form
Step 3: CSC operating person will forward the application online to the concerned authority. Then the applicant will receive a unique application number. Keep it reference number safe for future reference.
Step 4: Status of Tribe application will be sent to the registered mobile number and mail id.
Step 5: After verification, the applicant will receive an SMS to collect the certificate.
Step 6: Revisit the CSC centre for obtaining a digitally signed Tribe certificate.
By providing a reference number to CSC operator, get tribe certificate.
Applying Tribe Certificate through Online
E-Form for tribe certificate can be filled Online as well as Offline. The procedure to obtain Nagaland Tribe is in the step by step procedure.
The applicant must be a registered user of the official website of Government of Nagaland to access the E-form.
Step 1: Access official website of Nagaland Government and click on ‘How to apply’ option from the home page.
Step 2: In the case of a new user, click on the New User link, it will redirect to the new page.
Step 3: Provide essential details, such as Login details, Residential details, and security question. Enter the captcha and click on submit. With this registered username and password proceed with the tribe application.
Login to Portal
Step 4: If an already registered user, click on the option ‘Registered User’. The login page appears. Provide a username and password. The page redirects to the application page.
Step 5: Click on “Submit Online” button for filing the e- form Online or “Submit Offline” button for filling the form Offline.
In offline mode, the applicant can save the details and fetch the data whenever required. The applicant can assign a security key to secure the details entered.
Step 6: Zip file can be downloaded to the computer by clicking the Submit Offline button To provide details in the tribe application form in offline mode.
Step 7: Unzip the zipped file, and then give the details in the form such as District, General aspect, Address, Parents Address and Land Information.
Note: Application form can be opened by double-clicking on the form.html file.
Step 8: Offline forms can be submitted online. After checking all the details, the applicant has to visit the official website and log in to the portal using the login id and password to submit the application form.
Online e-form allows the applicant to provide details in the form online at once and submit it after validating it.
Step 6: By clicking on submitting the online option, provide details for e-form. Select the District to process the application form. Provide the following information in the application form.
- General information
- Parents Address and Caste
- Land Information
Note: choose the correct District in the field as the concerned authority issues Tribe Certificate in your District jurisdiction.
Step 9: Upload all required documents for Tribe certificate.
Note: Attachments / Enclosures uploaded by the applicant with the e-form should not exceed a file size of 2 MB.
Transaction ID Generation
Step 10: After providing details and uploading documents in the e-form in either mode, a transaction id will be generated for future references.
Note: Any further communication with Department Authorities regarding the e-form requires the transaction id.
Step 9: Besides, print the application form by clicking the print option. After verification, the concerned authority will issue the Tribe certificate.
Status of Tribe certificate
The applicant can check the status of Tribe certificate application in any of the following ways:
- The applicant will be intimated of the status change in the inbox available in the state portal.
- The applicant will get SMS notification on Status change.
- The applicant can inquire about status at the department with the transaction id.
Collect Tribe Certificate
After verification, Tribe Certificate will be issued from the concerned authority in your District jurisdiction. The applicant can collect the certificate from the department as and when the department notifies about the service completion with proper verification of original documents.