MCA Restarts LLP Registration
MCA Restarts LLP Registration
The Ministry of Corporate Affairs had earlier temporarily suspended the issuance of new DINs for Designated Partners of a LLPs. The suspension was in-place for the MCA to revamp the DIN issuance process for Partners in LLP and make it easier for stakeholders to register a LLP. However, MCA is yet to announce the date for restarting LLP registration.
Note: Though, DIR-3 has been revised on 15th June 2018, the new form still does not allow for the allotment of DIN for registration of LLP. The DIR-3 form issued can be used by a person to join an existing company or LLP. We apologise for the confusion caused, if any.
The MCA notification with respect to suspension of DIN and reopening of DIN is reproduced below for reference:
Reopening of DIN Notification
DIR-3 and DIR-6 will be revised on MCA21 Company Forms Download page w.e.f 15th JUNE 2018. Stakeholders are advised to check the latest version before filing.
Suspension of DIN Notification
Temporary suspension of issuance of allotment of new DINs for Designated Partners/Partners of LLPs is being extended till further notice. A suitable message would be posted on the portal after revised DIR-3 is made available for filing purposes for issuance of new DPIN/DINs for Partners of proposed LLPs. Stakeholders may kindly take note and plan accordingly.
DIR-3 form must be used by person intending to be appointed as Director of a company or Partner of a LLP. On application of DIR-3 form, DIN is normally issued on the same date by the MCA.
The following are list of documents required for obtaining DIN:
- In case of Indian nationals, Income-tax PAN is a mandatory requirement for proof of identity.
- In case of foreign nationals, passport is a mandatory requirement for proof of identity.
- Proof of identify enclosed with eForm DIR-3 should also contain the date of birth of the applicant and the same should match the date of birth filled in the application form. In case the proof of identify does not indicate the Date of Birth then additional proof of Date of Birth, duly certified/ attested, should be attached.
- Address proofs like passport, election (voter identity) card, and ration card, driving license, electricity bill, telephone bill or aadhaar should be attached and should be in the name of applicant only.
- In case of Indian applicant, documents should not be older than 2 months from the date of filing of the eForm.
- In case of foreign applicant, address proof should not be older than 1 year from the date of filing of the eForm.
Note: In case of proofs which are in languages other than Hindi / English, the proofs should be translated in Hindi / English from professional translator carrying his details (name, signature, address) and seal. In the case of foreign nationals, translation done by the notary of home country is also acceptable.
DIR-6 form is used by persons in the event of any change in his particulars as stated in Form DIR-3. Hence, changes to information filed in DIR-3 can be effected by filing DIR-6. In case of changes, DIR-6 must be filed within 30 days of the change.
DIR-6 must be filed along with a copy of the proof of the changed particulars and verification in the Form DIR-7. The form should be digitally signed by a chartered accountant in practice or a company secretary in practice or a cost accountant in practice.