Manipur Birth Certificate
Manipur Birth Certificate
A birth certificate is a government document that helps establish the date, place and time of a person’s birth in India. The birth certificate serves as a primary record to state an individual’s birth and to avail various services that are offered by the Central and State Government. A person would require the birth certificate for admission in schools, to avail voter’s ID, Aadhaar Card, and for other legal processes. In this article, we look at the procedure for obtaining the Manipur Birth Certificate in detail.
Need for the Document
Birth certificate declares date, place and fact of an individual to acquire the right to vote, to apply for government jobs, to affirm the legal age for marriage, to settle property disputes and to obtain Government identity documents like driving license, passport, etc.
Registration of Births
According to the Registration of Births Act, 1969, it is mandatory to register every birth within 21 days of its occurrence. The Indian Government has provided an organised system to register births. To monitor every birth registration, the Government has appointed the Register General at the Center and Chief Registrars in the States.
Benefits of the Document
- For admission to schools
- As age proof of employment.
- For age proof at marriage.
- To establish parentage.
- To state age during enrollment in Electoral Rolls.
- To state age for insurance purposes.
- To register in the National Population Register (NPR).
To apply for a birth certificate, furnish the following documents along with the application:
- Parents Identity proof
- Residence Proof
- Application Proof
- Affidavit for births occurring in a home
- Birth proof provided by the hospital
- Processing of fee in the municipal corporation
Depending on the occurrence of birth, the registration place varies as below:
- If a birth has occurred in a house, the Head of the family or the nearest relative of the child can register the birth.
- If a birth has occurred in a Sadar Hospital/Sub-Divisional Hospital/Medical College Hospital/Referral Hospital, the Deputy Superintendent of the hospitals and officers-in-charge can register the birth.
- If a birth has occurred in a Maternity Home and other nursing institutions, the medical officer has to register the birth.
- If a birth has occurred in jail, the jail in-charge has to register the birth.
- If a birth has occurred in a Dharamshala, Boarding House etc., the person-in-charge has to register the birth.
- If a birth has occurred in a moving vehicle, the person-in-charge of the vehicle has to register the birth.
- If a birth has occurred in an abandoned place, the Headman of the village or the person in charge of the local police station can register the birth.
To apply for a birth certificate, follow the procedure as below:
Step 1: Log on to the website
The applicant has to log on to the official website.
Step 2: Enter the User ID and Password
After logging in, the applicant has to enter the user ID and password in the respective column.
Step 3: Enter the Details
The applicant has to enter the required details.
Step 4: Submit the Application
The applicant, after entering all the details, has to submit the form to the concerned officer.
Step 5: Verification Process
After submitting the application form, the authorities will conduct a verification process to check the accuracy of all the information given by the applicant.
Step 6: Issuing the Certificate
On completion of all the verification procedures, the applicant can collect the certificate from the following authorities.
- For urban areas, the certificate will be issued by the commissioner/health officer in the urban local bodies.
- For rural areas, the certificate will be issued by the Sub Divisional Officers/Medical Officer in-charge/ Registrar, Sub-Registrar.
Once issued, the certificate is valid for a lifetime.
If registering birth after 30 days of its occurrence. A fee of Rs. 5 has to be paid. If registering birth after 1 year from the date of its occurrence, a fee of Rs. 10 has to be paid. There is a requirement for registration date and registration number for online application of birth certificates.
Post by Bennisha
IndiaFilings is India's largest online compliance services platform dedicated to helping people start and grow their business, at an affordable cost. We were started in 2014 with the mission of making it easier for Entrepreneurs to start their business. We have since helped start and operate tens of thousands of businesses by offering a range of business services. Our aim is to help the entrepreneur on the legal and regulatory requirements, and be a partner throughout the business lifecycle, offering support at every stage to ensure the business remains compliant and continually growing.