Mahila E-Haat is an initiative for meeting the aspirations and needs of women entrepreneurs. It is an online marketing platform for women, where participants can display their products. The initiative applies to all women across the country as a part of ‘Digital India’ and ‘Stand Up India‘ initiative. The platform has been established by the Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of India under Rashtriya Mahila Kosh (RMK).
Mission of Mahila e-Haat
Mahila e-Haat acts as an initiating element to provide a web-based marketing platform to women entrepreneurs to directly sell their products to their buyers.
Features of Mahila e-Haat
The major highlights of the scheme are as follows.
- Provides an opportunity for women entrepreneurs to use technology to showcase products that are made/ manufactured/ sold by them.
- Women can also showcase services that are provided by them reflecting creative potential.
- E-Haat requires only the mobile number as the entire business of E-Haat can be handled through mobile by the producer.
- For the facilitation of the buyer and seller, the product along with its photographs, description, cost and mobile number/ address of the producer would be displayed on the E-Haat portal.
- The buyer has the option of approaching the seller physically, telephonically or through Email or other means as convenient to the seller. Therefore it is a direct interface between buyer and seller, to facilitate marketing of products of women entrepreneurs/ SHG.
- The applicant has to be Indian women/ women SHG/ women-led enterprises.
- The applicant has to above 18 years of age.
- The goods and services transacted through this portal have to be legal.
Terms and Conditions
- Both seller and buyers have to indemnify RMK from any or all acts of transgression.
- Participants/ vendors have to display the products of good quality and have to be responsible for the quality of the products. RMK would not be responsible for this purpose. The participants/ vendors have to deal with every defect and deficiency that are related to the products and services, and RMK shall not be responsible for any defect and deficiency.
- The participants/ vendors make sure the timely delivery of products/ services to the customer.
- All products would be displayed for thirty days and would be re-exhibited after a break of thirty days.
- RMK reserves all rights to select the products/ services that have to be listed on E-Haat. Once the selection is completed, the RMK informs the participants/ vendors upon which the participants/ vendors have to send acceptance letter and undertaking so that the products and services contacts gets displayed.
- Participants/ vendors ensure that illegal or smuggled goods are not displayed or transacted by them nor any illegal services are conducted by them through the portal. Any breach in this account shall be the sole responsibility of the particulars/ vendors including legal action.
- The participants/ vendors have to ensure that all legal formalities according to the law of the land are complied with for all overseas sales. ‘The participants/ vendors make sure that all applicable taxes are paid and relevant laws/ rules and regulations are followed.
- The terms and conditions including the eligibility criteria may be changed at any time at the sole discretion of RMK.
- The participants/ vendors receive the payment directly from the buyer.
- The participants/ vendors are required to maintain the transaction details that are made through the portal and have to send a quarterly report to RMK and must display the logo of Mahila E-Haat on the packaging.
- The participants/ vendors have to furnish an undertaking on stamp paper of minimum charges as applicable in their State.