Madhu Babu Pension Yojana
Madhu Babu Pension Yojana
The Government of Odisha has launched a scheme called as Madhu Babu Pension Yojana with the objective of providing pension to old age, widows and handicapped people. The scheme has been founded by merging two pension schemes namely, Revised Old Age Pension Rules, 1989 and Disability Pension Rules, 1985. As of now, the scheme is benefiting 47 lakh people. The Government is taking measures to reach more people so that the total number of beneficiaries would go up to 50 lakh. The scheme was announced by the State’s Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik. In this article, we look at the Madhu Babu Pension Yojana scheme in detail.
The main aim of the scheme is to improve the social security of old age, widows and handicapped people who receive a very low income to make their living. The government has developed this scheme to eradicate this, thereby ensuring the prosperity of the underprivileged. This particular scheme is considered to be a flagship initiative as the scheme supports not one but three categories of people in the community.
The following are the eligibility criteria to apply for the scheme:
- The applicant should be a widow of any age.
- The applicant should be diseased with leprosy and signs of deformity irrespective of age.
- The applicant should be above 5 years of age and may suffer from disabilities such as blindness, orthopedically handicapped, mentally retarded or cerebral palsy.
- The applicant can be a widow diagnosed with AIDS.
- The applicant can be an AIDS patient registered with the State/District AIDS Control Society.
- The applicant’s family income should not exceed Rs. 24,000.
- The applicant should be a resident of Odisha.
- The applicant should not receive other pensions that are provided by the Union Government or the State Government or from other organization assisted by either of the Governments.
Benefits of the Scheme
Following are the benefits provided under the scheme:
- The applicants up to 79 years would receive a pension amount of Rs. 300 every month.
- The applicants above 80 years of age would receive a pension amount of Rs. 500 every month.
- The recipients receive the amount on 15th of every month to the respective bank account.
For an applicant to apply for this scheme, it is mandatory to possess the following documents:
- Below Poverty Ration Card
- Birth Certificate
- Voter ID
- Residential Proof
- Domicile Certificate
- Proof declaring the person to be an AIDS patient
- Widow Certificate
- Disability Certificate
A fresh application can be availed from the elected personnel of GP/ULB in Jana Seva Divas on 15th of every month. The forms can also be received on Samrthya Sibir, Gram Sabha or other days allocated by the camps that are conducted by departments for block-level activities or camps organized for this purpose.
Distribution of Funds
In rural areas, the funds are distributed at Gram Panchayat office whereas, in urban areas, the funds are distributed at the Municipality office or in nearby schools on 15th of every month.
For enquires the applicant can approach any of the following:
- Gram Panchayat office for rural areas.
- Block Development Officer.
- Gram Sabha.
- Municipality office for urban areas.
Post by Bennisha
IndiaFilings is India's largest online compliance services platform dedicated to helping people start and grow their business, at an affordable cost. We were started in 2014 with the mission of making it easier for Entrepreneurs to start their business. We have since helped start and operate tens of thousands of businesses by offering a range of business services. Our aim is to help the entrepreneur on the legal and regulatory requirements, and be a partner throughout the business lifecycle, offering support at every stage to ensure the business remains compliant and continually growing.