KVIC Registration of Institutions
KVIC Registration of Institutions
To promote ease of doing business, the Union Minister of MSME has launched a portal for registration and certification of new khadi institutions. Any Khadi Institutions engaged in the production and marketing of khadi and its products are required to register their institution under the Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC). In this article, we look at the procedure for registering Khadi Institutions in detail.
Advantages of Registering Khadi Institution
The benefits of registering a Khadi Institution under KVIC are as follows:
- The online registration of new khadi institution is necessary to promote, plan, organise, assist and facilitate in the establishment of khadi and village industries in rural areas.
- Also, the online portal “Khadi Institution Registration and Certification Sewa” (KRICS) will help in promoting ease of business for MSME units.
Eligibility for Registration of Khadi Institutions
The below following criteria must be satisfied to obtain Khadi Certificate for the institutions.
- Should have registered under the Co-operative Societies, Trust, Registered Institution, Firm or company and any other under prevailing Act.
- Should possess common work shed or building having adequate space for carrying out spinning and weaving activities.
- Must have a minimum of 25 Charkhas, and 5 looms to start the Khadi activities.
- Should provide the list of 25 spinners, 5 weavers and 2 supervisors as per the format is given at Annexure 1.
- Should furnish the Undertaking in the prescribed format specified at Annexure-2 on the non-judicial stamp paper of Rs.100/-
- Should furnish NOC from State Khadi and Village Industries Board in case the institution already registered under state KVIB and needs to register with KVIC.
Note: The Institutions already having adequate infrastructure as required by KVIC and already carrying out spinning and weaving activities without registration under KVIC or KVIB are also eligible to apply for registration.
Filling of Online Application
The eligible Khadi Institutions can apply online for registering their khadi institution and issuance of Khadi Certificate. The online application form can be obtained through KVIC portal.
The eligible Khadi Institutions is expected to register and acquire the Khadi Certificate from the KVIC by remitting the registration fee of Rs.15,000/-(Rupees Fifteen Thousand only) by way of DD (Demand Draft) drawn on a Nationalized bank in favour of the “Chief Executive Officer, KVIC“ payable at Mumbai.
The Registration fee can be paid through RTGS, the details for remitting prescribed registration fee are given below:
- Account number: 30693240188
- Bank Name: State bank of India
- Branch Name: Vile Parle (W) Branch
- IFS Code: SBIN0000515.
Note: Only after receiving the registration fee, the concerned authority will start processing your application.
The renewal fee for Khadi Certificate are given below:
|Turn Over||Registration Fee|
|Above Rs.5 Lakhs||Rs.30,000|
|Up to Rs.5 Lakhs||Rs.8,000|
Documents Required for Registration
The below following documents are to be furnished along with the application form.
- Copy of the certificate registered under the Society Act, Trust Act, Firm and company Act and or under any other prevailing Act.
- Copy of the Resolution of the institution for registration with KVIC.
- Copy of self-attested bylaws of the Institution.
- List of current Managing Committee, Trustees, Director’s details (if required).
- Details about Common work shed building and workplace from where the activity is proposed and or is already doing.
- Details of procurement of Charkhas and looms, if already purchased, indicating the date of purchase.
- Original copy of Annexure-1 and Annexure-2 has to be enclosed.
- Copy of No Objection Certificate (NOC) from State Khadi and Village Industries Board (KVIB) (if applicable).
Online Application Procedure for Khadi Certificate
To apply for Khadi Certificate, follow the steps which are mentioned below:
Visit KVIC Official Portal
Step 1: Visit the official portal of Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC).
Step 2: Click on Khadi Certification under the option Khadi, which is available on the homepage of the portal.
Apply for New Khadi Institution Registration
Step 3: On the next page, select “Apply for New Khadi Institution Registration” and fill the application form with the required details.
Save the Application
Step 4: After entering all the details, the application can be saved before it is submitted.
Upload the Document
Step 5: Username and password will be sent to their registered mobile number and email Id for re-login into the system for uploading the documents and final submission.
Receive Unique ID
Step 6: A unique ID for registration of the prospective Khadi Institutions will be generated by the system and forwarded to their registered mobile number and email ID for future references.
Generate Acknowledgement Letter
Step 7: An acknowledgement letter will also be generated and will be sent to the registered email ID.
Note: The acknowledgement letter can also be downloaded by the applicant for their record.
Verification and Issuance of Khadi Certification
Once the Khadi Institution filled online application duly complied with all the requirements, the concerned State or Divisional Offices of KVIC should verify and examine the proposal and will also conduct the physical verification of the khadi Institution within 15 days. The State or Divisional Offices will recommend the proposal to Zonal Deputy CEO of the particular Zone, after the verification of all the required documents submitted by the institution for registration.
The Directorate of KVIC, Mumbai will process the CoR and approve for issuing the Khadi Certificate for institutions. Upon approval, a Certificate of Registration (CoR) will be generated online, which can be downloaded by the applicant Institution.
After verifying the application and all other relevant documents, the Khadi certificate will be issued to the institutions within 40 working days from the date of application.
Download Khadi Certificate
The approved Khadi Certificate can be downloaded by using the official portal of “Khadi Institution Registration and Certification Sewa.
- Click on “Login for Registered Applicants” link option from the list of services.
- Enter user id and password to download your Khadi Certificate.