Kalyana Laxmi Scheme
Kalyana Laxmi Scheme
In most communities, it is a custom that the parents of the daughters need to bear the expenses of their girl’s wedding. Mostly poverty-ridden families are also trapped in this practice. The Government of Telangana has introduced a welfare scheme which operates under the names ‘Kalyana Laxmi’ for the minorities of below poverty line and ‘Shaadi Mubarak’ for the Muslim community brides to prevent child marriages that results form poverty. Except for the names, the functions under the scheme for the beneficiaries are same. The scheme aims to uplift the parents who are not in a position to get their daughters married by rendering one-time financial assistance.
Features of Kalyana Laxmi Scheme
The Government of Telangana launched the scheme on October 2, 2014 for the SC/St, minorities (BC-A, BC-B, BC-c), and the Economically Backward Class of the state. Initially, the Government launched the scheme providing a financial aid of Rs.51,000. Later the assistance was raised to Rs.75,116 in 2017. Recently in March 2018, the assistance has been enhanced to Rs.1,00,116. The budget allocated for the fiscal year accounts to Rs.1450 Crores and the scheme has reached around 3,60,000 beneficiaries till March, 2018.
Eligibility Criteria for Kalyana Laxmi / Shaadi Mubarak Scheme
The bride should confirm to the following conditions to avail the benefit.
- The applying girl should belong to any of the mentioned minority communities or should fall under the below poverty line.
- The applicant should be a resident of Telangana State.
- The unmarried girl must have completed 18 years of age at the time of marriage.
- The compound income of the girl’s parents should not cross Rs.2,00,000 per annum.
Pre-requisites for Kalyana Laxmi Scheme
- Aadhaar card of the applicant
- Birth certificate of the bride issued by the competent authority.
- Caste certificate
- Income certificate not older than 6 months from the date of marraige
- Bank account for both bride and bride’s mother
- Wedding Card (optional)
Apply for Kalyana Laxmi / Shaadi Mubarak Scheme
The scheme enables the girl to avail the support by applying online. The online application procedure for the scheme is described below.
Step 1: To begin with the application, first visit the official website and click ‘Kalyana Laxmi’ in the home page or click here directly.
Step 2: On clicking the link, the application form appears. The first part of the application form incorporates the bride’s particulars where the applicant is required to furnish details pertaining to the following.
- Details of bride
- Income certificate details
- Caste certificate details
- Permanent address
- Present address
- Bride’s bank account details (mandatory for orphans only)
- Bank account details of bride’s mother
Step 3: The next section incorporates Bridegroom’s details where the particulars of the groom should be provided. In addition, information regarding the marriage such as date, venue etc. should be offered.
Step 4: Finally, the applicant is supposed to upload the mentioned documents in the application which includes-
- Marriage confirmation certificate
- VRO/Panchayath Secretary Approval Certificate
- Bride’s Photo
- Age proof certificate
- Bride’s scanned Aadhar copy
- Bride Groom’s scanned Aadhar copy
- Bride’s scanned bank pass book
- Scanned bank pass book of bride’s mother
Note: The scanned documents that are to be uploaded should be in JPEG/JPG format only and should be between 50 KB and 150 KB.
Step 5: After uploading the documents, the applicant should enter the captcha displayed and must click the submit button after verifying the produced details.
Candidates can note the application number or print the application form for future reference.
To track the application status, click this link, enter the Aadhar number of the bride or phone number, and click ‘Get Status’.
For Technical Issues-040-23120311,23120312
(Calls will be answered between 10:30 A.M. to 5 P.M. on Working Days)
Post by Marlin Priya
IndiaFilings is India's largest online compliance services platform dedicated to helping people start and grow their business, at an affordable cost. We were started in 2014 with the mission of making it easier for Entrepreneurs to start their business. We have since helped start and operate tens of thousands of businesses by offering a range of business services. Our aim is to help the entrepreneur on the legal and regulatory requirements, and be a partner throughout the business lifecycle, offering support at every stage to ensure the business remains compliant and continually growing.