How to get ESI Registration in India?
How to get ESI Registration in India?
Employees State Insurance or ESI is important payroll compliance in India set up under the Employees State Insurance Corporation (ESIC). It is an initiative by the Government of India to offer monetary, medical, and other advantages to the workers. According to the ESIC Act, any Company that has more than 10 employees need to mandatorily ESI Registration in India. In certain states, the number of employees is 20. According to this Act, an employee more than Rs.21,000 per month including the basic salaries and dearness allowances the insurance is deducted from their pay.
ESI scheme protects the employees covered under the scheme against the financial discrepancies that might arise due to events of sickness, disablement, or death due to employee injuries.
Features of the ESIC Scheme
- Complete medical care and attention are provided to the employees who are registered under the ESI Act, 1948 in case of incapacity, restoration of health, and working capacity.
- Absenteeism from work due to illness, maternity, or factory accidents that result in the loss of wages in this case complete financial assistance is provided to the employees for compensating for the loss of wages.
- ESI scheme provides medical benefits to the employees as well as the family members of the beneficiary.
- We have categorized the benefits as Cash Benefits and Non Cash benefits:
- Cash Benefits: Includes the sickness, maternity disablement, funeral expenses, rehabilitation allowance, vocational rehabilitation as well as medical bonus.
- Non-cash benefits: The funds under the ESI scheme are primarily built out for the contribution from the employer and the employees payable monthly at a fixed percentage.
- The employees now need to contribute 0.75 % of the wages whereas the employers need to contribute 3.25% of the wages paid.
- Here the employer is required to pay the contribution and deduct the employee’s contribution from the wages and has to deposit the same with the ESIC within 15 days from the last day of the calendar month in which the contribution falls.
Entities covered under the ESIC Act of 1948 all establishments are eligible for ESI registration provided that they fulfill the criteria of having the required number of employees in that state. The entities covered are shops, cinemas, movie theatres, medical institutions, hotels or restaurants, newspaper establishments, private educational institutions, roadside motor transport establishments.
Documents required to obtain ESI Registration in India
To obtain ESI Registration in India the employer needs to submit the following documents along with the application
- Registration Certificate or; License that is issued by the Shops and Establishments Act / Factories Act.
- Address Proof
- Rent receipts of the office premises
- Copy of PAN card
- Bank Statement copy
- Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association or the partnership deed or trust deed
- A copy of the Registration Certificate
- Certificate of commencement of production
Why get ESI Registration through IndiaFilings?
IndiaFilings can help you in obtaining the ESI registration in 10-12 days. All you need to do is submit the documents online. You will be guided throughout the process by the allocated relationship manager. You can log onto www.indiafilings.com or talk to our experts today.
Post by Mansi Sawant
Mansi Sawant seeks higher interests in financial services, taxation, GST, I-T, etc. Writes articles with depth knowledge and is extensive for the same. The resources provide effective articles for the products of IndiaFilings which provides taxation and Licensing. Writing from observations and researching makes her articles virtuous.