Hathkargha Bunkar Pension Yojana
Hathkargha Bunkar Pension Yojana
The Uttar Pradesh Government has launched a pension scheme named Hathkargha Bunkar Pension Yojana for the welfare of weavers in the state. Under Hathkargha Bunkar Pension Yojana, the state government intends to provide financial assistance in the form of monthly pension to the handloom weavers. This scheme benefits nearly 80,000 handloom weavers in the Uttar Pradesh. The implementation of this scheme is processed by the Chief Minister of the Uttar Pradesh state. In this article, we look at the Hathkargha Bunkar Pension Yojana in detail.
Benefits of the Scheme
The benefits of the Hathkargha Bunkar Pension Yojana are as follows:
- The State Government will provide the monthly financial assistance of an amount of Rs. 500 to the eligible weavers.
- There is no requirement to pay a monthly premium to avail the benefits of the scheme.
- Under this scheme, the budget allocation of Rs. 2.5 Lakhs as the initial amount is made for the implementation of the scheme.
Eligibility Criteria for the Scheme
To apply for this pension scheme, the weavers need to possess the following eligibility conditions:
- The weaver should be the resident of Uttar Pradesh.
- Only the professional weavers are eligible for the Hathkargha Bunkar Pension scheme.
- The weaver whose age is 60 years of age and above is eligible for the Hathkargha Bunkar Pension scheme.
- In case of visually and physically handicapped weavers, the UP government has set up the minimum age limit at the age of ten years.
Non- Eligibility Criteria
The following are the weavers not eligible to get the benefits of the scheme.
- Any weaver is receiving a pension under any pension scheme.
- Any member of the family is the income-tax payer.
- The annual income of the weaver is Rs. One lakh or more.
Target Group of the Scheme
The target for this pension scheme are the thousands of weavers across the state of Uttar Pradesh. An estimated number of eighty thousand beneficiaries will receive this pension welfare in the state. The Uttar Pradesh is the land of various handloom weavers and artists who take weaving as their profession. This profession generally is carried out in all major parts of the state like Varanasi, Agra, Lucknow, etc. Varanasi is famous for its Benarasi Sarees which are exported throughout the world. There are numerous chikon embroidery weavers in the cities of Lucknow and Agra. These weavers work in numerous small and microscale factories across the state. The Government will start the pension project for all the weavers working in unorganised sectors who do not receive proper pension facilities.
The specified documents are to be furnished along with the application form.
- Birth certificate
- Aadhar card
- Bank account details
- Income certificate
- Ration card
- Identity Card of the weaver which is issued by the Handloom Weaver’s Co-operative Society
Application Procedure for the Scheme
The eligible applicant should visit the nearby Gram Panchayat or District Council related to District or Taluka in the Uttar Pradesh State. Also, the applicant can even get information about this scheme from the block officer in Uttar Pradesh. The inquiry committee will select beneficiaries after registration of the scheme. After approval of the weavers by the sanctioned authority, the handloom weaver will receive a monthly pension under this scheme.