Gumasta license or Shops and Establishment Act license is required for commercial establishments operating in India. Gumasta license is also known as Shops and Establishment Act license. Any citizen who wishes to open new shop or a commercial establishment in Maharashtra, has to register under The Bombay Shops and Commercial Establishment Act, 1948. In this article, we look at the procedure for obtaining Gumasta License in Maharastra in detail.
Gumasta License Registration
Under the Maharashtra Shops and Establishment Act, gumasta license must be obtained by all employers having 10 or more employees. On submission of the application, the concerned officer will register the establishment in the register of establishments and issue a registration certificate along with the Labour Identification Number (LIN).
Gumasta license is normally valid for a period of 1 year and could be granted for a period of upto 10 years. Once, a registration is obtained, a renewal application can be submitted each year atleast thirty days before the date of expiry of the registration certificate for renewal of license.
Documents Required for Gumasta License
A copy of the application for Gumasta license is reproduced below for reference:Maharashtra Gumasta License Application
The following documents must be submitted online along with the Gumasta license application:
- Annexure – for premises of Establishment
- Annexure A self declaration ( 75KB to 100KB).
- Annexure B self declaration for attestation.
- Annexure C under taking.
- Photo (20KB to 30KB)
- Signature (9KB to 15KB)
- Proof of Identity of Applicant ( copy of Driving Licence, Passport, Aadhar Card, PAN Card)
- Copy of Fee receipt paid earlier ( in case of Old user)
Procedure for Online Application
- Log on to the web site www.lms.mahaonline.gov.in
- Select the registering procedure as individual or organization
- Provide your mobile number and email and complete the OTP verification and obtain portal access.
- Enter your login and password and login for services
- Select New Registration of Shops and Establishment
- Select Registration – Form A, fill the online form and submit
- Upload all the required documents on the platform
- Pay application fee online.
Once the application is submitted, the status will show ” under scrutiny ” it means your application with an Officer for processing. If the application is processed and approved, the status approved will appear and you would be able to download the documents. In case the application is rejected, check the reason for rejection and reupload or reapply with the correct information.
To obtain trade license or gumasta license in India, get in touch with an IndiaFilings Advsior.
Income Tax eFiling
We have made the Income Tax eFiling, simple and easy. File your income tax return online with the dedicated Tax Experts support from IndiaFilings.
IndiaFilings.com (ERI ID: ERIA100945) is an Income Tax Department authorised eReturn Intermediary.