Gujarat RERA Registration for Project
Gujarat RERA Registration for Project
Under the RERA Act, it is mandatory for the promoters to register their real estate project to sell, advertise, market, book or purchase. The promoters are expected to make an application to the authority for registration. The Department of Gujarat Real Estate Regulatory Authority grants the RERA registration for the project. In this article, we view the procedure for obtaining Gujarat RERA registration in detail.
Applicability for Registration
The specified persons are required to register the real estate project with authority in the state of Gujarat are as follows:
- Any person who constructs or who wants to builds an independent building or a building consisting of apartments or modification of existing structure into apartments to sell apartments to the persons.
- Any person who develops the land into a project, to sell projects to other persons.
- Buildings or plots constructed by such authority or public body on who owns property or placed at their disposal by the government.
- Plots owned by development authority or which is placed at their disposal by the government to sell the apartments.
- A state-level cooperative housing finance society and a primitive cooperative housing society which constructs the apartments or buildings for its members or to the allottees.
- Any person who acts himself as a builder, coloniser, contractor, developer, estate developer or by any different name or claims to be acting as the holder of a power of attorney from the landlord of the property on which the building or apartment is constructed or plot is developed for sale.
All promoters are required to furnish the following documents along with the application form.
- Registration certificate of the company.
- Promoter Photograph.
- Project Head Photograph (if a company)
- CA certificate
- Architect certificate
- Engineer certificate
- Balance sheet for three years
- Audited profit-loss statement for three years
- Director’s Report for three years
- Cash flow statement for three years
- Auditor Report
- Income tax return acknowledgement.
- Pan card
- Encumbrance certificate
- Commencement certificate
- Approved building plan or plotting plan.
- Approved layout plan.
- Proforma for sale agreement.
- LAnd documents and location.
- Approved an infrastructure plan.
- Area development plan
- Proforma for allotment letter
- Brochure of the current project
- All no objection certificate from authorities
- Declaration (form B)
- Proforma for sale deed
- Project photo.
- Project specification.
- Payment receipt
Procedure for RERA Project Registration
To register for RERA projects in the state of Gujarat, follow the steps mentioned below:
Visit Official Portal
Step 1: The applicant has to approach the official site of Gujarat Real Estate Regulatory Authority.
Step 2: Click on “Project Registration” tab which is present on the homepage of the portal.
Type of Promoter
Step 3: Select the promoter type whether individual or societies/company/partnership firm/LLP/Trust/HUF and then type your email id click on “Next” button.
Step 4: Enter the promoter details such as promoter name, PAN number, email id, mobile number, address, company registration number.
Step 5: Enter the details of the authorised signatory, project head, RERA registration number if applicable in other project and previous project details.
Step 6: Now provide the project details for registration like project name, description of the project, project start date, project start date, land cost and total project cost.
Step 7: You need to provide development of registration like the type of inventory, the number of inventory available for sale, carpet area, the area of the balcony, area of private open terrace.
Internal Development Work Details
Step 8: Fill the internal development work details such as road system, water supply, sewage and drainage’s, electricity supply, solid waste management.
Project Banks Details
Step 9: Fill the project bank details for registration like bank detail, branch name, account name and IFSC code.
Project Agent Detail
Step 10: Fill the project agent details such as agent registration number of RERA, the name of the agent, address if applicable.
Project Architect Detail
Step 11: Fill the project architect detail such as name, email id, address, number of key projects completed, local authority license number.
Project Structural Engineer Detail
Step 12: Fill the structural engineer details such as name, email id, address, number of key projects, completed, year of establishment.
Step 13: After filling the required details for the registration of projects and then upload all the specified documents.
Step 14: You have to make online payment for registration after submission of online application for RERA projects.
Step 15: The current page will be redirected to the payment gateway provide your user id and password to access your online payment services.
Agree and Pay
Step 16: Click on “Agree and Pay” button to remit the respective fee for registration.
Step 17: After making the payment you will receive a message that your project registration has been submitted successfully and also you will be provided with the acknowledgement number that can be used for further reference.
Penalty for Non-Registration of Projects
In case of non-registration of the Gujarat real estate project, under Section 59 imposes a penalty of up to 10% of the excepted project cost and in case of continued default, an extra fine up to 10% of the expected project cost or imprisonment up to three years or both.