DGFT Online Module for Export Authorization
DGFT Online Module for Export Authorization
As part of the IT Revamp, the Directorate General of Foreign Trade has introduced the Online Module for Export Authorization vides a Trade notification dated 10th May 2021. All applicants seeking Export Authorization for restricted items (Non-SCOMET) are required to apply online through the DGFT new Online Module for Export Authorization under Export Management System. The current article briefs the DGFT Online Module for Export Authorization of Restricted Items (Non-SCOMET).
Important Announcement for Exporters
The applications for Export Authorization of Restricted Items (Non-SCOMET) will need to be submitted directly to DGFT (HQ) through the new Online Module with effect from 17.05.2021 and Export Authorizations for restricted items will be issued from DGFT HQ, Udyog Bhawan, and New Delhi with effect from 17.05.2021.
- With this notification, DGFT announced that all pending applications have been migrated to DGFT’s new Online Module and will be processed suitably at DGFT (HQ).
- The requests for revalidation or amendment of Export Authorizations issued before 17.05.2021, applications will be submitted directly to the concerned RA of DGFT for processing. RA may amend such authorizations manually according to the earlier procedure of re-validation or amendment.
- For re-validation or amendment of such authorizations issued on or after 17.05.2021, applications would be required to be furnished electronically to DGFT (HQ). Original Copies of the authorization will be required to be presented to DGFT (HQ) for re-validation/amendment endorsements.
Export of goods and services which are restricted under ITC(HS) classification of Export and Export items, will be allowed only following authorization or a public notice issued on behalf of the concerned regional authority.
Export Authorization for Restricted Items
All goods, Export of which is permitted only with an Authorization / Permission / License or following the procedure prescribed in a notification/public notice are ‘Restricted’ goods. The list of ‘Restricted’ items is available in the Export, Export & SCOMET Policy in the Regulatory Updates section on the DGFT website
Export Authorization Terms and Conditions
All Export authorizations are provided under terms and conditions as specified by the regional authority, which may include:
- Description, quantity, and value of goods to be exported.
- Actual user condition.
- Export obligation, if any.
- Minimum value addition to be achieved, if any.
- Minimum export or import price.
- Bank guarantee or legal undertaking or bond with the customs authority.
- Validity period.
Prerequisites for Applying for a Restricted Exports Authorization
To apply for Restricted Exports Authorization, the following are the prerequisites required:
- The DGFT user profile must be linked with an importer-exporter Code
- A valid DSC must be registered in the system
- GSTN details corresponding to the branches of the IEC
Application fee for Restricted Exports
A registration fee of Rs.1 per thousand subjects to a minimum of Rs. 500/- and a maximum of Rs.1 Lakh on Cost, insurance, and freight (CIF) amount of the authorization will need to be paid through electronic mode in the online system for each application for issuance of the authorization.
Restricted Exports Authorisation Validity
Restricted Exports authorization shall be valid for exports for 12 months from the date of issuance of the authorization.
Application Procedure for Exports authorization (Non-SCOMET)
The application procedure for applying the Restricted Exports authorization in the Export Management System, through the Exporter’s dashboard on the DGFT Website is as follows:
New User Registration
- Access the official webpage of DGFT and proceed with the registration process. Provide the Registration Details and Select Register User as “Exporter/Exporter”.
Furnish the OTPs received on email and mobile number, Upon Successful validation of the OTP; you can receive a notification containing the temporary password which you need to change upon the first login.
Apply for Restricted Exports authorization
- After login into the DGFT web portal, navigate to the Services option and then select Export Management system.
- Click on License for Restricted Exports, the link will redirect to a new page where the applicant can apply for a new authorization / Amendment of Restricted Exports Authorisation/ Revalidation of Restricted Exports Authorisation
- On Apply for restricted Exports authorization title, the user needs to click on the “Explore” link.
Note: Select the “Start Fresh Application” button or “Proceed with Existing Application” Button in case the user has already saved a draft application.
- On the “Application Type” screen, provide the values on the screen and click on the “Save and Next” option.
- On the “Firm’s details” screen, provide all the required input values and click on the “Save and Next” button.
- On the “Export Details” screen, furnish the required input values in “Export Item Details”, Details Of Exports” and click on the “Save and Next” button
- User can add multiple items and licenses and bulk upload items if needed as shown below:
- After entering details on the Export Details tab and Save and Next button, the user will be redirected to the “Port details tab
- Based on the value selected from the Purpose of the Export dropdown on the “Port Details” screen, the ribbon will be displayed on the “Other Details” screen. The user needs to fill in the input values on the “Other Details” screen and click on the “Save and Next” button.
Uploading an attachment is not mandatory, in case of users need to upload any requirement they can upload and click on the “Save and Next” button.
- On the “Declaration” tab, the user needs to accept the terms and conditions by clicking on the checkbox. Provide all required details and click the “Save and Next” button.
- On the “Application Summary” screen select the acceptance of declaration check box and click on the Sign button to sign the application using a digital token.
- By clicking the “Sign” button, the “Payment for Apply for RESTRICTED EXPORTS AUTHORIZATION” button will be displayed.
- Confirm and proceed to make the payment against the application. The system calculates the application payment value automatically
After Successful Payment, the Page shall be redirected to the DGFT Website and the receipt shall be displayed, the user can also download the receipt. After verifying the details, the Export authorization for the restricted item will be issued.
Checking the status of the Submitted Application
The applicant needs to log in to the DGFT Dashboard and clicks on the Submitted Applications. Enter Type of Scheme (Select in the dropdown: Restricted Exports) and Type of Sub Scheme (Issuance of Restricted Exports Authorization).
By clicking on the search option, the status of the application will be displayed.
The exporter can Export multiple products under a single Restricted Exports authorization but he/she may only Export the item that is listed as a Restricted Item.
Technical description of the product to be exported is Exportant information. Please mention the technical details of the product to be exported under the scheme. This description may include the make, brand, specifications of the product, etc.