Design Clinic Scheme For MSME Sector
Design Clinic Scheme For MSME Sector
The Design Clinic Scheme for MSME sector is an initiative of the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Scale Enterprises and India’s premier Design institute namely National Institute of Design. This scheme is launched under the National Manufacturing Competitiveness Programme (NMCP). The key objective of the scheme is to provide expert advice and cost-effective solutions on real-time design problems for the MSMEs in India and to enhance their competitiveness in the global markets through new product development or value addition for existing problems. In this article, we will look at the Design Clinic Scheme For Design Expertise To MSME sector.
Objectives of the Scheme
- For improving the manufacturing competitiveness of Indian MSMEs through design
- To promote export and substitute import by creating innovative product
- To assist the MSMEs by engaging external design expertise in the form of consultancy
- Provide financial support to take-up design activity
Purpose of the scheme
The purpose of the Design Clinic Scheme For Design Expertise To MSME Sector is two-fold:
- To increase the awareness of the value of design and establish design learning 5in the micro, small and medium-sized industries
- To increase the competitiveness of MSME products and services through design
Design Awareness will be done through workshops, seminars and design need assessment survey for the participant members of the selected clusters. These activities will help to create general awareness and sensitisation about the value and power of the design for businesses.
The design requires assessment survey will form the basis for discussion between the professional consultants and individual units in the cluster for the preparation of project proposal for funding. The funding assistance will be granted to the MSME for engagement of design consultants and professionals and other admissible items under the project.
The objectives of design projects are described in detail below:
- To facilitate access of MSME to design expertise in the form of consultancy
- To facilitate MSME to develop new design strategies and design-related product and service through project intervention
- Create visible impacts and effectively develop the capabilities of the local enterprises
MSME Eligibility Criteria
The project funding is provided to an individual MSME or a group of MSMEs.
- Individual/Group of MSME takes up a collaborating with an Industrial designer.
- The unit must be a micro/small/medium enterprise as per the definition prescribed in the MSMED Act 2006 or as amended later.
- The Designer that in this programme must be selected from the pool of qualified industrial designers authorised for this programme.
- MSME unit should have a valid Udyog Aadhar Number (UAN) and should have registered in www.msmedatabank.in.
- The designer unit employs in this scheme should be selected from a pool of qualified industrial designers empanelled for this scheme.
Note: Implementing agencies should verify all per rules. A copy of Udyog Aadhar shall also with proposed Design Projects before submitting to the PMAC.
The design clinic assistance is provided to support project undertaken by individuals MSMEs, group of MSMEs and student projects.
|Micro-units, Individual (upto three units)||Rs. 15,00,000 (with 75% financial assistance) each for 120 design projects|
|Micro-units, Group (more than three units)||Rs. 25,00,000 (with 75% financial assistance) each for 80 design projects|
|Small and Medium units, Individual (upto three units)||Rs.25,00,000 (with 60% financial assistance) each for 148 design projects|
|Small and Medium units, Group (more than three units)||Rs.40,00,000 with 60% financial assistance for 60 design projects.|
Preparation of Project Proposal
Based on the consulting outcome and need analysis the detailed project proposal will have to be prepared. This proposal will include all aspects of the proposed project and the financial details. The format will be submitted in the prescribed format for approval by the assessment panel of the design clinic centre.
- The local Industrial designer, academic institution, Design Company, and the local MSME in collaboration are eligible to apply for design clinic scheme funding support as co‐applicant.
- An MSME with the consent of the designs Companies or academic institution can furnish an application as the principal applicants, subject to the following conditions:
- The Industrial designer, academic institution, design company, academic and the applicant MSME have to be companies established in India under the Indian Laws with on‐going business;
- The applicant Industrial designer/academic institution will be responsible for carrying out the design project
- The applicant design, design company and the applicant MSME in a project application must not be an associates or associated person or agent or employee of the other of them before submission of the application
- The project team members are representing the Industrial designer/ Design Company, be directors, shareholders, management team members of the applicant MSME.
The criteria for qualifying the applicants MSME under Design Clinic Scheme are listed below:
- The MSME should be profitable entities in the last three years of its operations
- The MSME must demonstrate either an exports performance or potential to exports
- PMAC can stipulate the relax criteria for this purpose
Following are the criteria for qualifying the applicant’s Design, Design company under the Design Clinic Scheme
- The Acclaimed Designer institute should have demonstrated expertise and the qualification in the problem area that it seeks to solve for the applicant MSMEs
- Its the responsibility of the designer or design company to complete the project on time and as per agreed scope.
No application fee will be charged for the Design Clinic Scheme For Design Expertise To MSME Sector.
The documents required for design Clinic Scheme For Design Expertise To MSME Sector is listed as follows:
- Quotation document
- Project brief details
- Contract document
- The grant agreement
Application Procedure for Design Clinic Scheme For Design Expertise To MSME Sector
The applicant needs to submit an application form; the format of the application is enclosed here:
Applications for the Design Clinic Scheme can be made in multiple ways
The MSME can make the application with a request for a grant without a design company. In such cases, the Design Clinic Centre will suggest the possible design consultants to the MSME from which to choose from.
The application can be by the MSME along with the Design Consultancy which satisfies the criteria given in here.
The application can be by the MSME along with a Design Consultancy which satisfies the criteria given in here.
Access the home page of the Design Clinic Scheme portal, from the home page click on Online Project Application.
A new page will be displayed, select the register button to avail the benefit of the design clinic scheme for design expertise to the MSMEs sector.
Select the registration option; On selection, the online registration page will be displayed. Provide all details and click on register now option.
Once the login credentials are obtained, you can proceed further with the application.
Approval of Applications
On verification, the application will be approved. Disbursement of the approved grant under the Design Clinic Scheme will be made at each stage.