Delhi Self-Employment Loan Scheme
Delhi Self-Employment Loan Scheme
The Government of National Capital Region (NCR) Delhi has invited applications from the unemployed youth of the city towards availing the Self-Employment Loan Scheme. Under this scheme, loans are provided for the youth to purchase commercial vehicles and battery-operated rickshaws. This scheme is offered exclusively for the youth belonging to scheduled castes, minorities, other backward classes and the safai karamcharis to ensure that they are self-employed and financially stable.
Objectives of Delhi Self-Employment loan scheme
- The primary motive of this scheme is to empower socially backward youth and contribute towards supporting their families.
- The scheme aims to provide loans to the unemployed young adults of the city in order to purchase vehicles and earn a regular income.
- It also seeks to provide a higher ratio of employment opportunities to the youth and to enable them to enhance their living standards.
- The Government of Delhi is also providing loans for purchasing commercial vehicles and battery operated E-Rickshaws.
- The scheme is exclusively framed for the individuals belonging to SC/ OBC/ Minority/ Safai Karamchari Community Categories.
- The process of offering loans under this Scheme is accomplished within a time duration of 30 days from the Delhi Scheduled Castes Finance and Development Corporation Limited (DSFDC).
- The application form is also provided free of cost at the respective zonal offices.
|Name of the Scheme||Delhi Self Employment Loan Scheme|
|Implementing Authority||Chief Minister of Delhi|
|Date of Launch||December 2018|
|Application Date||Available throughout the year|
|Mode of application||Only Offline|
|Objective||To provide self-employment to the unemployed youth of NCR Delhi|
|Benefit||Secure and Government-regulated scheme|
|Category||State Government Scheme|
- The age limit for unemployed youth to avail loans under the Delhi Self-Employment Loan Scheme lies between 18 to 45 years.
- The beneficiary should possess a valid commercial license along with a badge stating his/ her name.
- These individuals are required to be permanent residents of Delhi for a minimum of 5 years and must hold a valid Voter ID Card, Ration Card and an Aadhar Card.
- For beneficiaries belonging to the SC/ OBC category, caste certificate issued by Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM) is necessary.
- Similarly, for minority category, an affidavit stating the deponent’s community is required.
- As for Safai Karamchari, the certification issued by the Sanitation Superintendent concerning the area is mandatory.
- Finally, the income certificate issued by the SDM is also required to utilize the benefits of Self Employment Loan Scheme.
- In addition to this, the annual income for SC/ OBC category must not exceed INR 3 Lakhs; for minority category, the upper limit is INR 1.2 Lakhs, and for Safai Karamcharis there is no fixed income limit.
Step 1: To avail the hardcopy of application form kindly contact the offices mentioned below on any working day between 10:00 AM to 03:00 PM.
- Head Office: Ambedkar Bhawan, Sector 16, Rohini, Delhi.
- Central Zone: 2, Battery Lane, Rajpur Road, Delhi.
- West Zone: A 33-38, B block, Lal Building, Mongolpuri, Delhi.
- East Zone: A-block, 1st floor, Bunkar Complex, Deputy Commissioner Office (North East), Near Gagan Cinema, Nand Nagri, Delhi.
Step 2: Fill the form collected from the zonal office completely with the necessary details.
Step 3: Attach the required documents mentioned in the Eligibility section accordingly, along with the application form.
Step 4: Submit the duly completed application at the same zonal office.
For further queries, the applicants are expected to approach their respective above- mentioned zonal offices.
To know more about similar schemes implemented in other states click here.