Biju Krushak Kalyan Yojana
Biju Krushak Kalyan Yojana
Biju Krushak Kalyan Yojana (BKKY) scheme was introduced by the State Government of Odisha in 2013. The scheme will provide health insurance to the farmer and their family members through the various hospitals in Odisha State. In this article, we look at the features, special benefits, eligibility criteria, and the enrollment procedure of the scheme in detail.
Features of the Scheme
The following are the salient features of the Biju Krushak Kalyan Yojana scheme:
- The primary intention of the scheme is to provide health insurance to the farmer and their family members.
- This scheme is focused to avail benefits to the farmer on major health issues and accidental cases. Besides, it enables the farmers to get the additional financial assistance in the treatments.
- This scheme is combined with the many insurance companies of the State and the farmers can choose any one of these under the guidance of proper instructions.
- This scheme is associated with the insurance company of New India Insurance, National Insurance, IFFCO-TOKIO General Insurance Company and Reliance General Insurance.
- This scheme is focused to cover nearly 60 lakh farmers of the State those who are economically not stable.
Benefits of the Scheme
For convenience, the treatment package is given to the farmers under the two streams of BKKY Stream 1 and BKKY Stream 2.
BKKY Stream 1: This package will cover the treatment expenses of surgery and maternity including the newborn care up to Rs. 30,000 / – per annum. Moreover, it covers the treatment cost of the drugs, medicine, general ward bed, registration, doctors, surgeons, X-ray, blood test, food, specialists and transportation cost up to Rs. 1,000 per annum.
BKKY Stream 2: This package will cover the treatment cost up to Rs. 70,000/- per annum. The benefits are same as the package of stream 1 but it provides the features of ICU (Intensive Care Unit) for the emergency cases.
Note:- Beneficiaries of Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) are not eligible to claim benefits under the BKKY Stream I.
This scheme applies to Odisha farmers only. In the farmer’s family, the farmer and his family member up to 5 people will be eligible under the scheme. If there are more than five family members, any five will be eligible. The spouse is also eligible to register in absence of head of the family.
The scheme is implemented through the association of the medical institutions such as community medical centers, nursing homes and private hospitals. The following infrastructure and amenities are required in the hospital to facilitate the treatment under the BKKY scheme:
- The hospital should maintain the diagnostic units, pharmacy, and cashless treatment.
- Fax facility and telephone service should have installed in the hospitals, nursing homes and medical centers.
- Treatment data of the beneficiary and the details of the insurer should be recorded in the concerned medical institutions.
- The hospital should have operation theatre for the surgical cases and reserved at least 10 beds in the general ward.
- Well-trained doctors and experienced nurses are mandatory.
- The concerned medical institution should file all the financial transaction in the Income Tax Department.
Step 1: The applicant should visit the nearby insurance company to register.
Step 2 : After the registration the Field Key Officers (FKO) will verify the details of the applicant.
Step 3 : After the verification the Smart Card will be issued to the applicant through the insurance company.
The applicant can use the smart card to obtain cashless treatment in the hospitals. The smart card can be renewed after the year by the concerned insurance company.
Note:- The Field Key Officers (FKO) is one of the person appointed by the State Government / Nodal Agency to verify the beneficiaries identification for implementing the enrolment process of the concerned Government schemes.