Bidaai – Shaadi Bhagya Scheme
Bidaai – Shaadi Bhagya Scheme
Government of Karnataka has introduced the Shaadi Bhagya Scheme in the year 2013. Shaadi Bhagya scheme is also known as Bidaai scheme. Under this scheme, Karnataka Government provides financial assistance to women who belong to financially backward minority families. In this article, we look at the procedure for applying for the Shaadi Bhagya scheme in detail.
Objective of Shaadi Bhagya Scheme
Shaadi Bhagya Scheme objective is to protect women belonging to the financially backward minority family in the state by providing financial assistance at the time of marriage for purchasing essential commodities.
Beneficiaries of Bidaai Scheme
The government provides financial assistance under Bidaai scheme for BPL women, divorcees and widows of following minority communities:
- Sikhs and Parsi
Financial Assistance under the Bidaai Scheme
Government of Karnataka provides financial assistance of Rs.50,000 for the marriage of a woman who belongs to a minor community.
Mass Marriage under Bidaai Scheme
Minority Welfare Department of Government of Karnataka is conducting mass marriage under the Shaadi Bhagya scheme in the state. This mass marriage helps in stopping the misuse of funds and reducing burden in processing the application.
Eligibility criteria to avail the benefits under the Shaadi Bhagya Scheme are as follows:
- The beneficiary must be a resident of Karnataka for the past 3 years
- The beneficiary must be a holder of BPL (Below poverty line) Ration card
- An annual income of less than Rs.1.5 lakh only eligible for this Bidaai scheme
- To get financial assistance age of bride should be 18 years at the time of marriage
- Bridegroom age should be 21 years at the time of marriage to avail the benefits of Bidaai Scheme
- The beneficiary can avail financial assistance only once in the lifetime
- Widows and Divorcees intending to marry again meeting above-explained criteria can also avail financial assistance
Court fee stamp of Rs.100 rupees needs to be affixed with the application form for applying Bidaai Scheme.
Documents required for applying for financial assistance under the Shaadi Bhagya Scheme are as follows:
Document required – Before marriage
- Income certificate of the bride and bridegroom
- Caste Certificate of the couples
- Family Ration card of the family – It is mandatory for BPL or AAY family. Xerox copy of the ration card is to be submitted
- Residential Certificate to prove residential status in Karnataka
- Voter ID of the Bride
- Aadhaar Card of the bride
- Identity Card of the Bridegroom
- Age proof of the bride – Birth Certificate or SSLC Marks Card or Transfer Certificate can be submitted.
- Passport size photo of the bride
- Invitation card
- Affidavit in the prescribed format
- Bank passbook – photocopy of the bride’s Father or Mother Bank passbook can be produced.
Document required after Marriage
Following documents need to be furnished to concerned authority after marriage to sanction the financial amount:
- Nikha Nama, Daftar Nama or Marriage certificate need to be submitted
- Joint photo of Bride and Groom to be produced to the concerned authority
Know more about Marriage Registration in India.
Apply offline through Minority Welfare Department
The following are the guidelines for applying the Bidaai Scheme in a step by step procedure:
Step 1: The applicant has to fill an application form with all necessary details and affix a photograph.
Step 2: The applicant needs to submit an affidavit for applying Bidaai Scheme, the affidavit is below for reference:
Note: Affix a court free of the stamp of Rs.100.
Step 3: Submit the application form along with all required document to the Minority Welfare Department offices in Karnataka State.
Concerned Authority will process the Bidaai Scheme application and sanction the amount. The amount will be credited directly to the beneficiaries account.
Apply online through Gokdom
Follow the step by step guidelines given here to apply for Bidaai Scheme online through Gokdom.
Step 1: Visit the official website of Minority Welfare Department of Karnataka.
Step 2: Select the online application option from the menu bar. The link will redirect to next page.
Step 3: From the list of the scheme of Karnataka, select Bidaai.
Step 4: For apply for this scheme, the applicant needs to login to the portal using the user name and password.
Step 5: After login to the portal, enter all mandatory details in the application.
Step 6: Upload Photograph and all other documents and click on submit.
The concerned authority will process the application.
Payment of Bidaai Scheme Amount
Once the applicant has submitted the marriage certificate and joint photograph of the bride and groom to concerned Minority Welfare Department office, the Bidaai scheme amount will be given within a day. The amount will be credited directly to the corresponding Bank account of the beneficiary.