Bajaj Auto is the second largest motorcycle manufacturing company in India. Bajaj Auto is a part of Bajaj Group, which is placed among the top ten business houses in India. This group has not only made its mark in the two or three wheeler segment but also in the fields of travel, iron and steel, finance, insurance, and home appliances. In this article, we look at the eligibility and requirements for starting a Bajaj Dealership in detail.
Bajaj Auto at a Glance
Bajaj is the first Indian two-wheeler company to introduce 4-stroke commuter motorcycles with the 150cc and 180cc sporty engines in the national market. Motorcycles currently in production include the Discover, Platina, Pulsar, Avenger, Dominar and CT 100. In FY 2012-13, it sold approximately 3.76 million bikes which estimated 31% of the market share in India. Of these, around 2.46 million motorcycles (66%) were sold in India, and the remaining 34% were exported.
The site proposed must be in an area suitable for customers with ease of access, adequate visibility and under the development plans and zoning laws of the local authority. It would require a lounge for the customers, working area, a parking area for bikes, space for display bikes, an office and other related merchandise as listed below:
- Recommended site area for an integrated 3S (Sales, Service and Spare Parts ) should have minimum 5000 to 6000 square feet.
- The space required should have a minimum area of 2400 square feet for showroom and back office (Frontage-40 feet).
- The space required for workshop area should have minimum square feet of 2500.
- The space required for storage/stockyard area should have a minimum of 2000 square feet.
Cost and Investment
The cost of starting a Bajaj Dealership will differ according to the location of the centre. Apart from the variation in land cost, the investment sum amount required to start a franchise dealership will be required to invest as per the following details:
- Interior (workshop equipment and showroom) is required INR 25 lakhs to 30 lakhs.
- Vehicle stock – Equivalent to one month’s sale
- Spare parts – Rs.15 Lakhs to Rs.20 Lakhs
For example, if the indicated monthly sale potential is 200 vehicles per month, then the working capital required will be 200 X Rs.50,000 = Rs.100 Lakhs + Spare Parts
Bank guarantee is required from any nationalised bank as per the company’s guidelines.
Delhi, Jammu and Kashmir, Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, and Uttaranchal
Kerala, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh
Assam, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Tripura, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Nagaland, West Bengal, Sikkim, Odisha
Gujarat, Rajasthan, Maharashtra, Goa
Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand
Pondicherry, Chandigarh, Lakshadweep, Daman and Diu
Bajaj Dealership Services and Training
The following advantages are afforded to the dealer for setting up the Bajaj showroom:
- The company provides all drawings, layouts, and interior designs for showroom and workshop which should be as per Bajaj Dealership corporate norms.
- Proper training is given to all crew members and technical workshop staff.
- Training to the sales team will be provided on product features, customer handling & sales process.
- It provides assistance in business development, i.e. site selection support.
- It provides necessary operational support for the franchise.
- It provides marketing support for local and regional advertising.
- Technical knowledge and administrative assistance will be provided to the dealer during the term of the agreement.
- Expert guidance from Head Office will be provided to the dealer while opening the franchise dealership.
- Current IT systems will be incorporated in the dealership.
Application Procedure for Bajaj Dealership
The applicant who would like to have a Bajaj Dealership and want to become a successful entrepreneur can apply through the following steps as mentioned below:
Step 1: Official Website
The applicant should visit the official website of Bajaj.
Step 2: Dealership Registration
Click on ‘Become a Dealer’ option which is visible on the home page of the portal.
Step 3: Application Form
Select the “Apply” option that will redirect you to the next page. To download the application form, the applicant needs to fill his/her details then only he/she can download the application. The reference ID will be given to the application form, and it will be used while uploading the application form in the portal.Bajaj Dealership Application Form
Step 4: Complete the Details
Fill up the dealership application form with the appropriate details like
- Applicant name
- Existing firm/company name
Step 5: Submit the Application
After filing the details, the applicant should upload the application form in the Bajaj official portal and click on “Submit” option for successful registration.
For Further Enquiries
Bajaj Auto Limited
3rd floor, Pushpak building,
Above KTM Showroom,
Near Panchavati Circle,
Ahmedabad – 380006
Phone: 079-66070351 / 66070352
Email: [email protected]