FSSAI Registration In West Bengal
FSSAI registration in West Bengal is mandatory for starting a food or related business. The Food Safety and the Standards Authority Act,2006 issue the FSSAI registration. The FSSAI rules are implemented by the Food Safety and Standard Authority of India and the state food authorities. The Food Safety and Standard Authoritieslay down the rules and the regulations to control the running of any food or the related business. The FSSAI Act secures the law for food and the relevant businesses.
What is FSSAI?
The Food Safet and the Standard Authority of India is an autonomous body that is established under the Ministry of Health and Welfare, Government of India. It is necessary to have FSSAI registration for protecting and promoting public health through regulation.
Who can obtain FSSAI Registration in West Bengal?
FSSAI License/ Registration in West Bengal is mandatory for all food and food-related businesses, this 14 digit License number gives us information about the permit of the producer.
The following businesses need to obtain the FSSAI Registration or License mandatorily.
- Petty retailers, retail shops, snacks shops, confectionery or the Bakery Shop, etc.
- Temporary stalls, or food premises that are involved in the preparation, distribution, storage, and sale of food products.
- Hawkers who are selling packed or freshly prepared food.
- Dairy units like milk chilling units, petty milkmen, and the milk vendors.
- Vegetable oil processing units.
- Slaughterhouse like meat shop, mutton shop, chicken shop, lamb meat shop.
- Meat and Fish processing units.
- All food manufacturing and processing units include the repacking of food.
- Proprietary and novel food.
- Cold store facility.
- Transporter of food products having several specialized vehicles like the insulated refrigerated van/wagon, milk tanker, food wagon, food trucks.
- Any wholesaler, supplier, distributor, and marketer of food products.
- Hotels, Restaurants, and Bars.
- Dhaba, Banquet halls with food catering, home-based food services, and food stalls in fairs or other religious places.
- Importers and the Exporters of Food.
- And cloud kitchens.
The type of FSSAI License/Registration is required by each of the kinds of the above-mentioned business depending on the eligibility criteria.
Penalties for Non-compliances
Carrying out business without the FSSAI License is a punishable offense.
- If the person or a food operator is operating a business without a License but is supposed to get a license then he is required to manufacture, sell, store or distribute or import any articles for food can be punished with imprisonment for six months and a fine of Rs.5 lakh.
- Penalties for false advertisement
- Any person who is publishing or is a party to the publication of an advertisement that is :
Falsely describing the food or Is likely to mislead as to the nature or substance or the quality of any food or false guarantee then is liable to pay a penalty which can be extended to ten lakh rupees.