YSR Matsyakara Bharosa
YSR Matsyakara Bharosa
The Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh launched the YSR Matsyakara Bharosa which is a welfare scheme for fisherman. This was launched on 21st November 2019 which was widely celebrated as “World Fisheries Day”. YSR Matsyakara Bharosa was launched to assist the fishermen to meet the daily expenses during the lean time of fishing and to improve the livelihood. This article will explain the details of this scheme on procedures and assistance.
- Under this scheme, financial assistance will be given to all the fishermen who are operating with motorised or non-motorised fishing nets for the fishing purpose will be given a subsidy of Rs.10,000 for annual. Earlier it was Rs.4000 for annual fishing.
- The beneficiaries will be given with a diesel subsidy of Rs.9 per litre. Earlier it was Rs.6.03 per litre.
- The government of Andhra Pradesh has identified 81 diesel filling stations for the fishermen.
- It is expected that a total of 1,32,332 fishermen families will be benefited from this new scheme.
- The amount given to those families of fishermen who lost their lives during the fishing process is increased to Rs.10 lakhs. This applies to the fishermen who come under the age group of 18 and 60.
- During the period of marine ban between April to June, each fisherman will be provided with an amount of Rs 10,000.
The government took the initiative to set up the aqua labs in 46 units all around the State. The total cost estimated for setting up the lab is Rs.56.53 crore. This lab is necessary to test the quality of the sand, water, the feed for fishes and seeds will also be tested in these labs. This will benefit the aquaculturists to the maximum.
Aqua farmers are those people who cultivate the fish and grow them on their farms. Aqua farmers will be provided with an electricity cost of Rs.150 per unit. The government has decided to spend Rs.720 crore for the benefits of 54,550 aqua farmers all around the State.
The government will also provide canals for the fishermen on lease at a very nominal cost. The hatchlings or the fish which is ready to hatch eggs will be released into the canals for hatching eggs. These eggs will be taken care of until it is hatched. And the process will be repeated.
- All the registered fishermen of the State are eligible under this scheme.
- The fisherman who applies should be a permanent resident of the State of Andhra Pradesh.
- Only the families of each fisherman are permitted to take the Rs 10,000 benefit for the non-fishing season.
Application Procedure to YSR Matsyakara Bharosa
- Download the application form from the official website https://www.ap.gov.in/ which will be given as an official link of YSR Matsayakra Nestham Scheme.
- Follow all the procedures given in the official website and fill in the application form.
- All the required details should be filled in correctly such as Name, date of birth, father name, applicant’s address, email id, qualifications details, contact mobile number, and all other relevant details.
- Upload the applicant’s recently taken image.
- Attach all the necessary documents, such as:
- The Aadhaar card of the Applicant.
- The voter ID card of the Applicant.
- ID proof for the fishermen.
- After completing the form with all the necessary information review, all the information provided are correct and submit the form.
- The applicant will be updated for the further process with the given email id and contact number.
Stay connected with the official website for further more updates on the scheme and the application form opening dates. Register in this URL to avail schemes: https://myap.e-pragati.in/