What is difference between invoice and tax invoice?
What is the difference between invoice and tax invoice?
Invoices and tax invoices are integral to all financial transactions in a business. They provide a document that can be used as evidence of a transaction and to calculate taxes due. In India, all sellers registered with the GST must issue a tax invoice when selling goods or services. All other sellers must issue a regular invoice or bill.
What is an invoice bill?
An invoice bill is a statement given by a vendor to a buyer detailing the goods sold or services provided and the amounts due for payment. It is a contract between the seller and the buyer. Invoices play a vital role in all financial transactions, from the simple sale of goods to the complex supply chain of a company.
What is a GST tax invoice?
A GST tax invoice, as the name suggests, is an invoice issued by a seller to a buyer that includes all the details related to the goods sold, services provided, and the amount of taxes due. This type of invoice is used when the seller is registered under the Goods and Services Tax (GST) and must charge Goods and Services Tax (GST) on the goods and services provided.
What are some differences between an invoice bill and a GST tax invoice?
- An invoice bill is a document sent to a customer from a seller with details of goods or services purchased and the total amount due. A GST tax invoice is a document issued by a seller to a customer when goods or services are sold at a taxable price.
- An invoice bill does not include the tax amount payable, while a GST tax invoice does. This is important to remember when filing taxes, as the tax amount payable must be included in the calculation.
- The purchaser or end customer often receives an invoice bill. A GST tax invoice is issued to another firm or company for supplies that will be resold or used for manufacturing.
- The primary goal of an invoice bill is to demand payment for delivered products or rendered services. The primary goal of a GST tax invoice is to obtain a tax credit or other form of tax relief.
- The purpose of an invoice bill is to keep track of sales and purchases for accounting. A GST tax invoice helps keep track of taxable sales and purchases to calculate taxes.
- In addition to the tax amount payable, there are a few other differences between an invoice bill and a GST tax invoice. For example, an invoice may not include the buyer’s GSTIN (Goods and Services Tax Identification Number). In contrast, a GST tax invoice must include the buyer’s GSTIN. Furthermore, a GST tax invoice must include the seller’s GSTIN, which an invoice bill does not.