West Bengal Property Registration
West Bengal Property Registration
In India, as per the Indian Registration Act, 1908 it is mandatory to register the transfer of property with the appropriate Registrar. The immovable property transferred has to be registered to obtain the rights of the property transferred. The Department of Revenue is liable for property registration in the State of West Bengal. In this article, we look at the procedure for West Bengal property registration.
Purpose of Property Registration
There are following benefits which are mentioned below for the registration of property.
- To provide a conclusive guarantee of the genuineness of the document.
- To afford publicity to transactions.
- To ensure prevention of frauds, conservation of evidence, transfer of title to the owner.
- To maintain an up to day public record by registering a property.
- To afford the facility of determining whether a property has already been sold with and
- To afford security of title deeds and facility of proving titles in case the original deeds are lost or destroyed.
To register a property in the West Bengal state, the following documents are to be furnished along with the application form.
- Identity proof like Aadhaar card/voter card/PAN card/passport/driving licence etc. of the parties.
- Assessment slip containing the market value and charge-ability of stamp duty and registration fees.
- PAN card or duly filled form 60 together with identity proof and address proof of the parties.
- Principal documents when the present document is supplementary to such principal documents.
- Particulars of stamp duty and registration fee payment.
- Permission from a competent authority in case of transfer of riot of any Scheduled Tribe person to a non-Schedule Tribe person.
Stamp Duty in West Bengal
The stamp duty is the percentage of the transaction value levied by the State Government, on every registered sale. To know about the stamp duty rates for various transactions in West Bengal click here
Calculate Market Value of Land
The applicant can calculate the market value of land for a property transaction on the West Bengal portal by following the steps below:
Step 1: To view the applicable land market value, visit the market value page of revenue department of West Bengal.
Step 2: Enter the details relevant to land on the page of the market value of land and click on “Display Market Value” button.
Step 3: Then the amount of your land will be displayed on the next page.
Property Registration Process
The following steps have been specified to register the property in West Bengal.
Step 1: Visit the official website of West Bengal Government.
e-Requisition Form Filing
Step 2: The applicant has to fill e-form for assessment of market value, Stamp duty and registration fees.
Step 3: Now, the e-assessment slip and the amount of mutation fee payable will also be generated.
e-Payment of Stamp Duty and Registration Fee
Step 4: The applicant has to make payment for stamp duty and registration fee by entering a query number and query year.
Step 5: Click on “Check query status” button.
e-Appointment for the presentation of Deed
Step 6: Enter your query number and query year and click on the “submit” button.
Step 7: The kiosk at the Registrar office will generate the token.
Presentation of Deed
Step 8: The applicant has to present the Deed at proper registration offices along with e-Assessment slip, proof of payment, token for the queue, etc. before the appropriate registration officer.
Step 9: Now, the system will register the Scribe’s details and a number of total pages of the Deed along with a number of impressed stamp paper.
Step 10: Further, the system will generate the serial number of Deed.
Step 11: Now, performs e-payment and captures applicant photo, fingerprint and signature.
Step 13: Scanning deed for verification and approved by the concerned authority (registration officer) with digitally signed signature.
Step 14: Then, the applicant will receive the registered Deed, and that can be downloaded online from the website.
Post by Karthiga
IndiaFilings is India's largest online compliance services platform dedicated to helping people start and grow their business, at an affordable cost. We were started in 2014 with the mission of making it easier for Entrepreneurs to start their business. We have since helped start and operate tens of thousands of businesses by offering a range of business services. Our aim is to help the entrepreneur on the legal and regulatory requirements, and be a partner throughout the business lifecycle, offering support at every stage to ensure the business remains compliant and continually growing.