Vahli Dikri Yojana
Vahli Dikri Yojana
The Government of Gujarat has initiated the scheme entitled ”Vahli Dikri Yojana” for girl children of the state. Under this scheme, the Government grants a subsidy of INR 1,10,000 to the families on birth of the first girl child. This scheme aims to finance for the economic empowerment of persons belonging to the Scheduled Castes (SC) families those who are living below the poverty line. In this article, we look at the quantum of assistance, eligibility and application procedure of Vahli Dikri Yojana in detail.
Objective of the Scheme
The primary objective of the Vahli Dikri Yojana is to eliminate child mortality rate and child marriage cases in society. This scheme aims to improve girl child ratio and also promotes girls education in the state. This scheme is implemented in both rural and urban areas.
The below following are the eligibility criteria required to apply for the Vahli Dikri Yojana:
- All the beneficiaries must be a native of Gujarat state.
- A family must belong to the EWS (Economically Weaker Section).
- The Below Poverty Line (BPL) families are eligible for this scheme.
- The applicant should be financially vulnerable.
- The beneficial couple should not be income taxpayers.
- The applicant must not receive any financial assistance or pension from the Government or other local bodies of Governments.
- The scheme offers money to only those students who will complete their high school education.
- In the case of more than 2 female students from a family will be not allowed to attain this benefit.
- The annual income of the parents, should not cross the limit of Rs.2 lakhs mark.
The amount to 1st and 2nd daughters of the family would be given in the following manner:
|Total Number of Instalments
|For admission in First Class
|For admission in Class 10th Std
|At the age of 18 years
Key Features of the Vahali Dikri Scheme
The below listed are the key features of the scheme:
- The Gujarat Government wants to ensure that every girl child of the state should be adequate education.
- With the implementation of this scheme, the Government will offer financial assistance to the parents of female students as they receive the amount to send their girls to school.
- This scheme eliminates the social evils in the society and helps the girls with a better standard of living.
- Under this project, the Gujarat government has promised financial assistance of Rs.1,10,000 to every applicant who becomes a registered beneficiary.
- The full amount will be deposited in the beneficiaries accounts in three separate instalments.
- The beneficiaries will get the subsidy in their account at the fixed time frame by the government.
- In the recent Gujarat Budget 2019-20, the state government has allocated Rs.133 crore for Vahli Dikri Yojana.
- This scheme aims to create sustainable growth of all these people that further helps with improving their standard of living in society.
- When the girl will take admission in class 1, then the sum of Rs. 4000 will be credited to her account. Again, when she successfully completes the 8th standard examination and gets admission in 9th standard, the government will credit her account with Rs.6000.
- After completing and passing the examination of class 12, the Gujarat government will make the transfer of Rs.1 lakh in the bank accounts of the respective beneficiaries.
- The registered beneficiary will be able to withdraw the sum of Rs.1 lakh from her bank account once she attains the legal age of 18 years. She is free to use the funds for vocational training, higher education or to meet the expenses of marriage.
Note: The parents will receive the instalments whereas if the third child is a girl, then the parents would not receive the benefit of further instalments in the scheme.
The applicants must furnish the below following documents along with the Application Form to apply for the Vahli Dikri Yojana:
- Identity Proof: PAN Card, Aadhar, Driving License, Voter ID Card, etc.
- Address Proof: Aadhar, Valid Passport, Utility bill, Property tax bill, etc.
- Income Certificate
- Resident Document
- Recent passport size photographs
- Financial background of applicants (BPL Certificate)
- School Admission documents/ Final examination mark sheets
- Adoption certificate of guardian
- Bank passbook or parent/ guardian’s bank passbook
- Any other documents (if required)
Online Application Procedure for the Scheme
Vahli Dikri Yojana can be applied by providing a unit to fill up the applications along with the information of the persons who are ready to avail the benefits of this scheme. The online registration procedure for this scheme will be intimated in the official portal by the government. The state government is more likely to opt for an online application process for the ease of the applicants.
Offline Application Procedure
To apply for the Vahli Dikri Yojana, the applicant will have to follow the below step by step procedure:
Step 1: To get the benefits under this scheme, the girl’s parents can visit the Department of Women and Child Development (WCD), Gujarat Government.
Step 2: Get the application form to attach the specified records along with the application form and submit it to the concerned official.
Step 3: Then, the application form will be verified by the concerned officer, if the applications are not fulfilled the conditions are returned for fulfilling all the conditions.
Step 4: Finally, the concerned Tehsil Officer will certify all the documents and send to the District Welfare Officer to certify the application form. Upon submission of the application, the applicant will receive an acknowledgement for further reference.