Uttar Pradesh Factory Registration
Uttar Pradesh Factory Registration
As per the provisions under the Factory Act, 1948 it is mandatory for all the factory owners to register their premises with the local governing authority before the start of business. The Chief Inspector of Labour Commissioner Organisation will grant the factory license after registration of factory. In this article, we look at the procedure for obtaining Uttar Pradesh factory registration in detail.
The Factories Act, 1948
According to the Factories Act, the procedure for registration and license is given under section 6 are as follows:
- Description of factories or business plans of any class has to be submitted to the chief inspector or the state government.
- Replacement or expanding of any plant or machinery in specified limits, will not be charged additionally for extension of the factory if involved with safe working space and environmental conditions.
The below-mentioned factories are required to get factory license under the following conditions.
- The factory or establishment is holding ten or more workers employed with the use of power for manufacturing activities.
- The factory or establishment is holding twenty or more workers employed without the use of power for manufacturing activities.
Documents Required for Site Plan Approval
The required documents are to be provided for the approval of your site plan.
- Form-1 (Particular of Room in The Factory)
- Questionnaire To Form-1
- Certificate of Stability
- NOC of Fire
- NOC of UPPCB
- Process Flow Diagram
- NOC From Local Body/Local Authority
- NOC From Explosive Department
- NOC From Others
- Building Drawing Copy
- NOC From Electrical Safety
- Proof of Ownership of factory building premises
- Notification of Site
- Memorandum Article
- List of Directors
- Resolution for the declaration of Occupier
- Safety Report
- On-Site Emergency Plan
- Health and Safety Policy
Documents Required for Registration
The required documents are to be submitted along with the application form of factory registration.
- Photograph of Establishment
- Identity Proof
- DIN or PAN Card
- Treasury Challan/Bank Name.
Documents Required for Renewal
The required documents are to be furnished along with the renewal application form.
- Treasury or online Challan
Schedule of Fees Payable
The Schedule of prescribed fee payable at the time of registration is tabulated below:
The quantity of H.P placed
|The maximum number of persons to be worked on any day during the year.|
|Up to 50||From 51 – 150||From 151- 250||From 251 -500||From 501 – 1000||From 1001 -2500||Above 2500|
|Above 50 But Not Above 100||Rs.1200||Rs.2700||Rs.3600||Rs.5700||Rs.9000||Rs.15000||Rs.18000|
|Above 100 But Not Above 500||Rs.2500||Rs.5500||Rs.7200||Rs.9600||Rs.14400||Rs.22000||Rs.25000|
|Above 500 But Not Above 1000||Rs.5000||Rs.7500||Rs.9400||Rs.12000||Rs.18000||Rs.245000||Rs.30000|
|Above 1000 But Not Above 2000||Rs.6000||Rs.9500||Rs.11500||Rs.14000||Rs.19000||Rs.26500||Rs.32000|
Online Application Procedure for Factory Registration
To register for the factory in the state of Uttar Pradesh, follow the steps explained below:
Visit Official Portal
Step 1: The applicant has to visit the official website of the Labour Act Management System.
Step 2: Click on “Online registration and renewal” which is present on the homepage of the portal.
Provide Login Details
Step 3: On the next screen, the applicant has to provide the login details if already registered as the existing user with the portal.
Step 4: If not already registered then the applicant has to register as the new user with the registration details such as
- Applicant name
- Mobile number
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Aadhar number
- District name
After filing all the details and then click on the “Submit” button.
Step 5: Then after registration, the applicant will be directed to the page of the factory registration application form.
Read the Instructions
Step 6: Before filling the application form, the applicant has to read the instructions carefully and click on the “Agree” button.
Step 7: Complete the registration procedure with two steps. They are
- Site plan details under Factories Act.
- Registration under Factories Act.
Site Plan Details under Factories Act
Step 8: Complete all the information as required in the application form.
Step 9: Submit your filled application form by clicking on ”Submit” button.
Registration under Factories Act
Step 10: After completing with the previous step then the applicant will be forwarded to the next step registration under factories act.
Step 11: Enter the details in the application form which is displayed on the screen and click on “Submit’ button.
Step 12: Calculate your prescribed fee to proceed further.
Step 13: Click on ”View application’’ option to see the saved application form.
Step 14: Select the embedded security form to edit the form and where attachments and payments can be done.
Attach the Documents
Step 15: Click on “Attachment button” to add the attachments like the photo of the proposed photo, an identical form of the letter.
Step 16: Open the attachment by clicking the “Choose file” button.
Select Payment Mode
Step 17: Click on “Payment” button to pay the premium and choose the payment mode.
Step 18: The payment can be made by either invoice or by internet banking.
Step 19: By clicking on the invoice, you can download the invoice form and deposit it to the Treasury Bank of the respective district, or select online mode to proceed.
Step 20: Choosing online then you are redirected to the portal of the Treasury, there you choose Pay without Registration and select the department (SRV-Labor and Employment Department, Uttar Pradesh).
Step 21: Enter the name of the concerned Regional Office in the column of the section followed by the Select Treasury column Select the Treasury of the particular district, then provide the name of the establishment in the depositor name, after which, carefully select the head of the related activities and mention the fee.
Furnish Payment Proof
Step 22: After making the payment furnish the scanned copy immediately as a proof of fee payment.
Step 23: Finally your application is successfully submitted and the date of inspection for your site.
Note: After verification then the digitally signed certified copy of factory license can be downloaded from the portal.
The step by step process is involved in the inspection of the site are specified below:
Identification of Establishments
The establishments which are to be inspected will be identified using the random computerised risk assessment
Inspection by Joint Team
- The inspection will be carried out by a joint team of inspectors.
- The inspecting team will consist of a minimum of two inspectors and one of the respective authority, Assistant Labour Commissioner, Labour Enforcement Officer, Assistant Director Factory as per their availability.
- The report of inspection will be uploaded/submitted by the inspecting team on the departmental portal with a unique number.
- The unique number will be managed by the units/establishments/factories to view and download the report of inspection within 48 hours from their web portal account.
- The department may grant a notice to units / establishments / factories to rectify defects / deviations / non-compliance observed as part of inspection.
- The establishment to do the necessary/appropriate compliance within 15 days and inform the Labour Department about the same after uploading the compliance report.
Acceptance of compliance report or initiation of proceedings.
If an application is made for the approval of the site for construction or extension of the factory and required plans and specifications, have been submitted by registered post or through the portal to the State Government or the Chief Inspector and if no reply is received within one month from the date of application will be automatically approved. If not approved with thirty days from the date of application is rejected by the system automatically and also the email or SMS is sent to the registered applicant in such cases the applicant is supposed to resubmit the application form by rectifying the mistakes or apply in person.
Renewal of License
The validity of the factory license is for one year, so the expired license has to renewed by applying for renewal in the same registration process as mentioned above.