Tented Accommodation Approval
Tented Accommodation Approval
The Ministry of Tourism has started a voluntary scheme for the approval of Tented Accommodation with the purpose to overcome the shortage of accommodation at tourist destinations, especially in remote areas. The scheme objective is to promote quality standards and upgraded facilities in tented accommodation and unregulated accommodation units. Let us look in detail about the documents required and application procedure for the Approval of Tented Accommodation in this article.
To know about the Approval of Operational Motels
The below following are the objectives of the scheme.
- To meet the growing demand of tourists, camping facilities and tented accommodation would need to be developed.
- To promote and facilitate campsites while ensuring adherence to quality, standards and safety norms.
- To conserve Nature-based tourism which includes eco, adventure, wildlife and pilgrimage tourism.
- To achieve sustainable economic development and positive social change while preserving and protecting its environment and heritage.
In the event of any modifications/changes in the project plans, the approval must be fresh/new. The Tented Accommodation to be immediately informed to the Ministry of Tourism from the date which it becomes operational and apply for the classification within 3 months of this date. The applicable fee for the project approval and extension, if any, in the form of a Demand Draft (DD) in favour of “Pay and Accounts Officer” Department of Tourism, New Delhi is as under:
- Standard – Rs.5000
- Deluxe – Rs.8000
Any change in the project or management has to be informed to the Ministry of Tourism within 30 days, or else the approval will stand withdrawn/terminated.
The following are the checklist/certificates that have to be submitted by the Tented Accommodation units applying for the approval.
- Name of the proposed Tented Accommodation Unit
- Name of all the promoters along with a note on the business antecedents
- Complete postal address of all the promoters with the details of telephone, Email address and Fax.
Documents/Records on the status of the promoter/owner
- If Private Limited/Public Limited Company, a proof of the Memorandum and Articles of Association to be submitted.
- If Partnership, a copy of Partnership Deed and Registration Certificate is required to be submitted
- If a proprietary concern, then the name and address of proprietor and Registration Certificate has to be submitted
- The location of the Tented Accommodation Unit site along with the postal address
Documents regarding the details of the site
- Distance in Kilometers (Km) from the railway station and airport
- The located distance on State or National Highway
- Distance in km from the city centre/town/shopping area etc.
- Located between which major cities/towns
Documents that stipulate the details of the Tented Accommodation Units
- The area in sq.m. with the title – owned or eased along with the proof of sale or lease deed
- Copy of Land Use permit document/letter from the local authorities
- Number of seats
- Details of public areas, parking space, facilities for the physically abled, eco-friendly systems and any other additional facilities. The area for each facility to be indicated in sq. ft.
- Details of the Fire Fighting Devices/Hydrates, etc.
- Details of measures for the water/energy conservation and other eco-friendly materials and initiatives
- Details of air-conditioning/power back-up
- Area of the Establishment – 200 sq. ft. for restaurants of seating space up to 100 people and 300 sq. ft. for more than 100 people
- Certificates/No Objection Certificates
Tented Accommodation Classification/Re-classification
- Classification for the newly operational camping site to be sought within 3 months of completion of the approved project. An operating Tented Accommodation may opt for the classification at any stage.
- Once a Tented Accommodation unit applies for the classification or re-classification, it should be ready at all times for inspection by the HRACC. No request for the suspension of inspection will be entertained.
- Classification will be valid for 5 years from the date of issuance of the order or in the case of reclassification from the expiry date of the last classification given that the application has been obtained within the stipulated time mentioned above, along with all valid documents. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Procedure for the Approval of Tented Accommodation Units
The Ministry of Tourism approves the Tented Accommodation Units also at the project and planning stage. The applicant has to follow the given step by step process for the Approval of Tented Accommodation. The applicant has to follow the step by step procedure for the Approval of Tented Accommodation.
Access the Website
Step 1: The application for the approval of Tented Accommodation Units can be submitted online by accessing the official web-portal of Classification, Approval and Occupancy of Hotels.
New User Registration
Step 2: In the case of a new user, the applicant must get registered in the official site by clicking on “New Registration” tab which will take to the registration page.
Login to Portal
Step 4: Now, the applicant has to log in with the registered User Id and Password.
Step 5: Once logged in, the registration page will be revealed where the applicant will have to click on the “Apply for the Approval of Tented Accommodations Units” link.
Step 6: The appropriate application form will get opened on clicking the link “Apply for Tented Accommodations Units”.
Fill out the Right Credentials
Step 7: The details of the owner has to fill out all the necessary details in the approval form.
Step 8: After registering all the details, the applicant has to click on the “save and proceed” button.
Step 9: Now upload all the documents/records that are mentioned above then click on “save and proceed” button.
Step 10: The uploaded certificates that are uploaded by the applicants after scrutiny in all respects would be acknowledged online.
Step 11: The applications fee for the Approval of Tented Accommodation units with the requisite fee is payable only through Debit card/Credit card/RTGS/NEFT.
- All the applications for the Tented Accommodation units approval to be complete in all respects such as application, prescribed fee, clearances, NOC’s, certificates, etc. The unfinished application form is subject to be rejected.
- Any rectification spotted by the HRACC, then that has to be completed within the stipulated time, which has been distributed in the consultation with the legislators during the inspection. If failed to change the mistakes, then it will result in the refusal of the approval.