Samuhik Vihah Yojana
Samuhik Vihah Yojana
As per the guidelines of the Social Welfare Department, the Uttar Pradesh Government has initiated the Samuhik Vihah Yojana in the year 2017. The scheme intends to provide financial assistance for marriage to the people belonging to the economically backward class. In this article, we look at the benefits, eligibility, the procedure for applying Samuhik Vihah Yojana in detail.
Benefits of the Samuhik Vihah Yojana
The benefits of obtaining Samuhik Vihah Yojana in Uttar Pradesh is explained as follows:
- The State Government will provide Rs. 51,000 to each couple for their marriage ceremony.
- Under this scheme the 30% of the scheduled castes and scheduled tribes, 35% of the other backward classes, 20% of the general category, 15% of the minority communities will be reserved to get benefits of this scheme.
- Under this scheme, at least ten thousand couples will be covered in the group marriage.
- The marriage grant will apply to a maximum of two daughters from a family.
- The District Magistrate will authorise each marriage under this scheme.
- The daughter of the impoverished women, widow or daughter of the disabled person is also selected on a priority basis under Uttar Pradesh Samuhik Vihah Scheme.
To apply for this marriage scheme, the applicant needs to possess the following eligibility conditions:
- To avail of this scheme at the time of marriage, the bride should have finished 18 years, and the groom should be 21 years.
- Also, the annual income of the applicant family should be below Rs.46,080 per year in the rural area and Rs.56,460 per year in urban areas.
- The couples must be a citizen of Uttar Pradesh State.
- All categories of the person such as SC, ST, OBC, Minority as well as the all general classes of people who are below the poverty line (BPL) are eligible for this scheme.
Subsidy Under Samuhik Vihah Yojana
All the applicants who apply for the Samuhik Vihah Yojana will be given a sum of up to Rs. 51,000 under this scheme. To confirm that the benefits of this scheme are received to the beneficiary, the money collected by the state government to the beneficiaries is transferred directly to their bank accounts.
The required documents are to be produced at the time of submitting your application form.
- Both bride and groom Birth Certificate
- Aadhaar card of both bride and groom.
- Caste/Community Certificate
- Nativity Certificate
- Address Proof (Voter ID and Ration Card)
- Wedding Card
- Bank Passbook along with bank account details
- Individual Passport size photograph and after marriage needs to submit the joint photograph.
Application Procedure for the Samuhik Vihah Yojana
If the eligible applicant wants to apply for the Samuhik Vihah Yojana, then you can get the application form of the scheme by visiting the Nagar panchayat/ municipal corporation and other concerned department near your area and fill the application form with the required information and then submit the required documents along with the application to the same office. After verified by the concerned officer your application will be accepted. Then the money received will be directly sent to the beneficiary’s bank account through direct bank transfer.