Samajik Suraksha Yojana
Samajik Suraksha Yojana
The Government of West Bengal has launched Samajik Suraksha Yojana with the aim to integrate and cover primary benefits to all workers of unorganised sector. The Department of Labour seeks to facilitate the worker’s fundamental rights at their workplace. In this article, we look at the Samajik Suraksha Yojana in detail.
Key Highlights of the Scheme
Benefits under the Samajik Suraksha Scheme comprise of the following:
- Provident Fund is given to the unorganised worker to provide financial security and stability.
- Compensation in case of death or disability during the work.
- The government provides financial assistance to the children of beneficiaries who pursue higher studies (for the applicants registered for at least one year). Besides, they give training in safety and skill development.
- The department also provides health treatment facilities to the unorganised workers who have registered under this scheme.
To be eligible to apply for the Samajik Suraksha Scheme and getting benefits under the scheme, a beneficiary should satisfy the following criteria listed below:
- The applicant must be the resident of West Bengal
- The applicant must be 18-16 years of age
- The family’s total income should not exceed Rs.6500/- per month except construction & transport workers. (For construction & transport workers family income has no upper limit)
The below following are the necessary documents to be furnished along with the application form:
- Photo of the applicant
- Aadhaar card
- Bank passport
- Voter ID card
- Application (Form-1)
- Passbook issued under SASPFUW/BOCWA/WBTWSSS
- Identity card issued to the worker
- Dependency Passbook
Online Application Procedure
To apply for this Samajik Suraksha Scheme, the applicant has to follow the steps given below:
Step 1: The applicant must go to the official web portal of West Bengal, labour department.
Step 2: You have to click on the “Quick Application” tab on the home page.
Step 3: Then you will be redirected to the next page where you need to select the option Yes/No of your choice.
Step 4: Now, you will be moved to the Disclaimer page where you need to give the requested details of Employee Type.
Step 5: After that, you have given all the mandatory details of the Beneficiary.
Step 6: You have to upload all the required documents mentioned above and click on the “continue” button.
Step 7: Then you will be moved to the page where you need to give the Dependent details/Nominee details and upload the requested documents. Click on the continue button.
Step 8: In the Additional Affirmation page, you have to enter the PF/ESI details, employee type details, income details and bank details.
Step 9: After completing the application form successfully, click on the “Submit” button.
Step 10: You will receive an acknowledgement on the screen upon submitting the application form.
Offline Application Procedure
The Scheme has laid down the procedure to register by making an application in Form – I to the Inspectors under the Labour Commissionerate or any other Officer authorised by the Labour Commissioner. The applicants have to follow the below following procedures to apply for the Samajik Suraksha Scheme.
Step 1: The applicant needs to approach the Municipal Corporation, Labour Commissionerate or any other Officer authorised by the Labour Commissioner.
Step 2: Then you have to get the application form for the scheme.
Note: You can also download the application from the official portal in the PDF format. The application form is reproduced below for your quick references:
Step 3: Now you need to fill all the necessary details in the form and attach the documents mentioned above along with the form.
Step 4: After filling out the form, submit it to the concerned department officer.
Step 5: Then collect your application receipt from the officer that can be used for the future reference.
Track Application Status
To check your application status, you must go to the official website of West Bengal and click on the “Track Application Status” option on the home page. Then enter the application number and click on the “Search” button. Finally, the Status of your application will be displayed on the screen.