Rupashree Prakalpa Scheme
Rupashree Prakalpa Scheme
The Government of West Bengal has launched the Rupashree Prakalpa Scheme for the empowerment of women in the state. Under this scheme, the Government will provide one-time financial assistance of Rs. 25,000 to the economically stressed families at the time of their daughters’ marriages. This article is an overview of the West Bengal Rupashree Prakalpa Scheme and its eligibility, required documents and application procedure.
Rupashree Prakalpa Scheme will be provided once in the form of financial assistance at the time of their marriage. The West Bengal government has made a budgetary allocation of Rs.1,500 crore for this scheme. The Rupashree Prakalpa Scheme grant will help around 6 lakh girls belonging to economically weaker families in the State.
Benefits of Rupashree Prakalpa Scheme
The following are the benefits of Rupashree Prakalpa Scheme of the West Bengal Government:
- Provide an incentive for preventing child marriage
- Incentivise parents to educate the girl child
- Girls will get Rs. 25,000 at the time of her marriage if she fulfilled all the eligibility requirements and applied for this scheme
This Rupashree Prakalpa Scheme will apply to any woman in West Bengal who proposes to be married if her application satisfies the below criteria:
- Applicant girl must be a resident of West Bengal
- Applicant must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Her prospective groom must be 21 years of age
- Annual family income of the applicant must not exceed Rs.1.5 lakhs
- No minimum educational qualification is necessary
The applicant must attach the following documents or certificates with the completed Rupashree Prakalpa application form:
- Certified copy of the birth certificate
- The details of the groom
- Proof of Residence
- Proof of proposed marriage
- The voter ID card and Aadhaar card
- Coloured passport size photographs
- Bank account details
The applicant can apply Rupashree Prakalpa scheme through the procedures specified below:
Step 1: The applicants must visit the nearby Gram Panchayat, Municipal office, Block Development Officers (BDO) or SDO.
Step 2: Obtain the application form for Rupashree Prakalpa scheme from the concerned officer.
The applicant can also download the application form from online. The online application form is below for reference:
Step 3: Now fill all the necessary details in the application form and submit it to the office along with the required documents.
Step 4: The application form will be verified by the receiving officer and will return a duly signed and stamped acknowledgement slip to the applicant.
Step 5: The sanctioned amount will be transferred through IFMS to the bank account of the applicant. The fund transfer will be executed at least five days before the date of the proposed marriage.