Punjab e-District Sewa Portal
Punjab e-District Sewa Portal
Punjab e-District Sewa is an online portal that has been developed by the State Government of Punjab for the assistance of citizens. It has been designed to enable the seamless delivery of citizen services through e-district administration. These services are incorporated under the Government to Citizen (G2C) facilities provided by the Government of Punjab. In this article, we look at the Punjab citizen services in detail.
Services Provided on Punjab e-District Sewa Portal
The Government Department services covered under the Punjab e-district portal is as per the list is given below:
- Department of Personal (Issuance of Residence Certificate)
- Department of Social Welfare (Issuance of Caste(SC/ OBC) Certificate)
- Department of Social Security
- Department of Health
- Department of Agriculture
- Department of Home
- Department of Food and Civil Supplies (Application of New Ration card, Separate Ration card, Duplicate Ration card, Ration card Member Guardian, Addition of name in Ration card, Change the name in Ration card).
- Department of Rural Development and Panchayat (Rural Area Certificate)
- Department of Revenue
- Department of Health and Family Welfare (Issuance of Birth/ Death Certificate)
- Department of Governance Reforms
- Department of Grievances and Welfare of Pensioners (Grievance Redressal)
Features of e-District Sewa Portal
The portal offers a broad range of features that can be availed by the citizens of the state. Some of the features are listed below:
- The portal aims at providing faster processing of public cases/ appeals/ grievances, dissemination of information as per public requirement.
- The portal has the benefits of the online payment, service request, approval of services and service delivery.
- This e-district portal facilitates various online service request with multiple departments.
- The portal provides latest and accurate information related to the functions and services provided by the Government of Punjab.
- It was created to provide easy and convenient services to the citizens through remote access primarily through Common Service Centres/ Public Facilitation Centres.
Procedure of e-District Sewa Portal Registration
The residents of Punjab can register with the Government of e-District Sewa Portal by following the steps mentioned below:
Access the Portal
Step 1: The applicant must go to the official e-District Sewa Portal to avail all the citizen-centric services.
Step 2: You have to choose the language either English or Punjabi from the screen.
New User Registration
Step 3: The citizen should register in e-District Sewa, to access the e-District application if the applicant is accessing the portal for the first time.
Step 4: Click on the ‘User Registration’ option from the portal. The registration page appears. Provide the required details that include personal information, user id, password, and security questions. Enter the captcha and click on the submit.
Login into Portal
Step 5: With generated user id and password, Login the e-District portal and apply for the required service.
Step 6: Now, you must scan and upload all the supporting documents mentioned for the services.
Step 7: Make the necessary payment through the payment gateway. Upon successful payment, submit the application.
Print Acknowledgement Slip
Step 8: Print the acknowledgement receipt generated by the e-District application after submitting for future reference.
Track Application Status
The applicants can track their application status through the portal by entering the reference number and then click on the “Go” button. The current status of the application will be displayed on the screen.
Issuance of Certificate
The applicant should visit the CSC / Suwidha centre and must provide the acknowledgement number. The authorised operator will log in to the e-District portal and will retrieve the digitally signed certificate. If the applicant opts for postal delivery, the certificate will be delivered through the post that is duly signed by the authorised operator.