Manipur Death Certificate
Manipur Death Certificate
In India, it is obligatory under the Registration of Births & Deaths Act, 1969 to register every death with the state Government within 21 days of its occurrence. Upon registering the death, Government issues a death certificate to the nearest relatives of the deceased to establish the date, fact and cause of death. Late on, it becomes mandatory to have a death certificate to settle property inheritance. In this article, we look at the procedure for obtaining Manipur death certificate in detail.
Registration of Birth & Death Act, 1969
Registration of Birth & Deaths Act, 1969 governs the process of registering birth and death in India. As mentioned above as per the provision of this RBD act, every death has to be registered with the corresponding state Governments within 21 days of its occurrence. Department of Imphal Municipal Corporation issues the death certificate to citizens of Manipur.
Purpose of Obtaining Death Certificate
Purposes of obtaining Manipur death certificate is given below.
- The death certificate is an essential proof, as it states the cause of death.
- Death certificate furnishes information related death such as time, death and place of death of a person.
- This certificate is mandatory to relieve the person from social, legal and official commitments.
- The death certificate will have to be produced to settle property inheritance.
- The family member of the deceased to receive insurance and other benefits needs to submit the death certificate.
Every death in Manipur needs to be registered with the Concern Registrar Office to obtain Death Certificate. Persons responsible for recording a death are listed below.
- In case death occurs in a house, the head of the family is responsible for registering the death.
- The medical in-charge need to register if the death occurs in a hospital or medical institution
- Jailer in-charge is responsible for registration if a death occurs in a jail
- If a new-born child or body is founded deserted in an area, headman of that area or local police station in-charge can register the death.
- In case death occurs in a hostel, choultry, Dharamsala, boarding-house, lodging house, tavern, toddy shop, barrack or public resort, the in charge person of that place needs to register.
- In case of death occurs in a plantation, the superintendent of the estate can register.
Following documents need to be submitted at the time of completing death registration in Manipur.
- Age proof of the deceased – Birth certificate or SSLC certificate
- An affidavit stating the date and time of death
- Ration card
- Death registration application form
- Medical Certificate stating the causes of death, if required.
- Address Proof of deceased (Voter ID card, electricity, gas, water, telephone bill passport, valid ration card or Aadhaar card, Name of the deceased.
Fee for Death Certificate
Fee structure for registering Death in Manipur is tabulated here.
|1||Registration of death within 21 days||Nil|
|2||Registration of 21 to 30 days from date of death||Rs.2|
|3||Registration of 31 days to 1 year from date of death||Rs.5|
|4||Registration after 1 year from date of death||Rs.10|
Validity of Death Certificate
Manipur death certificate once obtained, it will be valid for lifetime.
Manipur death certificate will be issued within five days from the date of application.
Registration of Death
If a death occurs in Manipur, it should be registered at the place of occurrence with the registrar office within 21 days from the event. The death certificate will be issued only if the death details found Registered in Manipur Death Records.
If the registration not done within 21 days from its occurrence, an affidavit stating the reason for the delay in filing have to be submitted to the concerned Registrar of that location.
Death Registration – Offline Method
Process for registering the death in Manipur is explained in detail below.
As stated above, the death of a person has to be registered with the local authorities within twenty-one days of its occurrence, by filling up an application form in prescribed format by the Registrar. Documents, as explained above, have to be submitted. Following Details have to be furnished.
- Legal Information – DOB, Gender and Details of family members of the deceased
- Statistical Information – Town/Village, Religion, Parents education
Death Certificate will be issued after verification with the actual records of the concerned area. Upon registering the dearth, the Registration number will be provided. Registration number and date will have to provide for avail death certificate.
In case of late registration i.e. after 21 days from its occurrence, an affidavit stating reason for delay in registration along with fees to be submitted to concern Registrar.
Registration of Deaths of Missing Persons
Registration of death of a missing person for more than seven years will be based on the information provided by the court. Place and Date of death will be determined by the concern court in the declaratory suit and it can be filled for registration purpose.
Applying Death Certificate Online
If the death details are updates in death records, applicant (relatives of deceased) can apply for death certificate. If details are not found, you have you approach nearby Registrar.
Guidelines for applying Manipur death certificate through e-Pramaan Portal is explained in step by step procedure.
Step 1: To apply for death certificate, Visit the official website of Manipur e-Pramaan Portal.
Login to Portal
Step 2: From the home page of e-Pramaan website click on citizen login option.
Step 3: By clicking on ‘Click here Login with e-Pramaan’, the link will redirect to the next page.
Step 4: New user has to login to the e-Pramaan portal for availing certificate services provided by the Government.
Step 5: New user can create your profile by clicking on ‘Create account’ option. The page will be redirected to the new page. The applicant can register yourself using any of the below-mentioned options:
- Registration utilizing Aadhaar Number
- Registration using Driving Licence
- Registration without Identity verification (not recommended)
Step 6: If you have selected Aadhaar number, provide your Aadhaar number; you will receive an OTP to the registered mobile number. Provide the OTP for verification purpose.
Step 7: If you are creating the portal using Driving Licence, provide the driving licence number, date of birth and captcha code.
Step 8: You can also create a profile without any identity proof, but is not recommended. If you are selecting this option, you have to enter few details such as Personal Details, Address, Identity information and Additional information.
Step 9: After registration, login to the e-Pramaan portal using username and password for applying Death certificate.
Step 10: Once you login to the portal, select Death as services option. You have to fill out an application form, provide the death registration number and date of registration. Details will be fetched from death register record.
Step 11: Upload all supporting documents (refer above) along with your passport-size photograph.
Step 12: On successful submission of application form for death, an Acknowledgement slip will be generated. Note the application number for future reference.
Status of Application
You can track the status of the death application by visiting Manipur e-Pramaan Portal. Select the Application Status option from the menu bar.
Enter your application number and Click on the Search button. Death certificate application status will be displayed.
Once the application for a death certificate is approved, you can download the death certificate from the e-Pramaan portal.
Click on verify/Print Certificate option from home page, provide application number and click on search button. After verification, the digitally signed death certificate can be downloaded.