Make in AP
Make in AP
Start-up support initiative in Andhra Pradesh
The Andhra Pradesh Government has established a platform for start-ups called as Make in AP (Make in Andhra Pradesh). The motive of the initiative is to implement an innovative strategy for start-up related entrepreneurs, students and young professionals of the state to interact with mentors and corporates to develop their business. The entrepreneurs are provided with adequate support by which innovative startups receive cash prices, incubation, mentoring and recruitment for innovative solutions. The AP government has joined hands with NASSCOM to support 10,000 start-ups in partnership with Idealabs FutureTech Ventures and Innovation Valley which was earlier known as AP Innovation Society. This article discusses in detail about the Make in AP Initiative.
The Make In AP initiative challenges the leading corporates and PSUs in fields like agriculture, health, transportation, banking and finance, supply chain management, etc to be solved using blooming technologies such as Blockchain, IoT, AI/ ML, Augmented Reality.
The scheme intends to provide a platform to interact with established corporates and mentors from leading technology companies, build innovative solutions and get incentives in terms of cash prizes, incubation, mentor hours and recruitment.
Work Frame of the Scheme
A large number of boot camps and hackathons will be set up in different parts of the state. Colleges host hackathons in regional finals and in statewide grand Finale. The participants will be supported by boot camps by leading industry mentors.
Themes of the Scheme
The following are the themes of Make In AP Program.
- Supply Chain Management
- Banking and FInance
- Smart cities
Benefits of the Initiative
The following benefits are provided for selected startups that gives innovation solutions.
- Platform for interaction with corporates and mentors
- Cash prizes
- Paid PoCs
- Incubation support
- Support in recruitment
- Investor pitch
Incentives and Rewards
The following are the incentives and rewards that are offered to the entrepreneurs.
Cash Prizes: The winning team receive a proportionate cash incentive.
Paid PoC: The entrepreneurs receive paid PoC in partnership with the corporates and government.
Investor Pitch and Demo Day: This is an opportunity to reach out to the investors and corporates for funding, Acquihire.
Incubation: The participants are mentored with NASSCOM 10,000 startups and idea labs.
Recruitment: Entrepreneurs are recruited with leading product companies and startups.
Mentoring: Mentoring is provided by product architects from leading technology companies.
Registration for Startup
The urge for startups is evolving among college students and senior working professionals. In order to meet this requirement, there are several events that are held where enthusiastic entrepreneurs participate and pitch in their ideas. However, there happens to be a huge gap in the preparation as it requires proper counselling since the participants keep repeating the same mistakes. This leads to ending the plan with disappointments. This initiative works in such a way to bridge this gap. The participants can interact with mentors who enlight them about a wide range of business strategies such as
- Funding Opportunity
- Marketing Channels
Online Startup Registration Procedure
The Make in AP program provides paid PoCs with corporates and government, investor pitch, incubation and mentoring with NASSCOM – 10,000 startups and Idealabs, corporate connect, recruitment with leading products and companies and go to market access.
To register, the entrepreneur has to click here. The application for startup registration is given here.
Registration for a College
In order to register as a college, the applicant can click here. The application form appears as given below.
Benefits of Registering as a College
- Get recognized at State and National level
- Setup Innovation Hub, Incubation centre, Centre of Excellence in emerging technologies with Industry partners
- Funding opportunities for innovation and entrepreneurship development
- Industry Advisory board for supporting Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Host National and International level Innovation centric programmes
- Recruitment drive for participants by product companies and startups
- Networking opportunity with top companies and best-in-class mentors
- Showcasing college at other Innovation platforms by NASSCOM and Idealab
- MakeinAP partner Certificate for college
- Seeding a culture of Innovation and Entrepreneurship on campus
Registration for Mentors
The Make In AP serves as a platform where mentors can register in order to participate in this government initiative.
Registration for Partner/ Sponsor
Here are the benefits of registering as a partner/ sponsor.
- Display Thought Leadership by associating with one of India’s largest Innovation initiative
- High Visibility and Branding
- Opportunity to post your challenges
- Access to a repository of innovative solutions
- Access to Startups for Funding/ Acquihire
- Access to a curated pool of students for recruitment
- Nominate mentors
- Nominate Jury
- Nominate Keynote Speakers
- Provide prizes
In addition to this, an individual can also partner for other purposes like
The partner/ sponsor registration form is as follows.
Click here to know about the Sponsorship Pack
Here are the timelines for Make In AP program.
- 21st November 2018 – Launch of Make In AP at Amaravati
- 20th January 2019 – Regio0nal Final at Amaravati
- 26th January 2019 – Innovation Day at Vizag
- 15th February 2019 – Innovation Day at Tirupati
- 25th February 2019 – Regional Final at Vizag
- 23rd March – Regional Final at Tirupati
- 30th March 2019 – State Final