Mahila Kisan Yojana
Mahila Kisan Yojana
Government of Maharashtra has introduced Mahila Kisan Yojana in the year 2012 for self-employment purpose. The main objective of this scheme is to uplift the lifestyle of Charmakar community. Under the Mahila Kisan Yojana, National Scheduled Castes Finance and Development Corporation (NSFDC), New Delhi, provides financial assistant to Female Charmakars of Maharashtra. In this article, we look at the Mahila Kisan Yojana scheme in detail.
Objectives of Mahila Kisan Yojana
The key objective of the Mahila Kisan Yojana is to improve the lifestyle of Charmakars who are economically weak and below the poverty line. The scheme hopes to achieve its objectives through the following core principles:
- To develop education opportunity for Charmakar
- To develop Charmakars economically and socially and to give them a respectable place in society
- To produce various types of footwear & leather articles & supply to Government Departments & sale in open market
Note on Charmakars
Charmakar community belongs to schedule caste. Charmakar is broadly known as cobblers, shoemakers or tanners. The Charmakar is a collective name of the following castes in Maharastra:
Mahila Kisan Yojana Loan
Under this Mahila Kisan scheme, NSFDC provides a loan of upto Rs. 50,000 for eligible candidates. In which Rs.10,000 is a subsidy, and remaining Rs.40,000 is loan at the rate of 5% per annum for female beneficiaries of Charmakar Community.
Note: The benefits provided only when the female beneficiary name is on 7/12 extract of land. In case of the name of husband is in 7/12 extract, he needs to make an affidavit to sanction the loan for agricultural projects.
Eligibility criteria to get benefits of Mahila Kisan Yojana are as follows:
- Applicant must be a permanent resident of Maharashtra
- Charmakars Community applicant only can apply for Mahila Kisan Yojana
- Age limit for this scheme is 18 to 50 years
- In case of an applicant from a rural area, the annual income of the family should be below Rs.98,000
- Annual income with below Rs.1,20,000 urban area citizen can get benefits of MKY
- Holder of Caste and Income Certificate of Authorised Government officer is eligible for MKY.
Note: Applicant must have some knowledge about the business for which he/she has applied for MKY loan. Applicant must not have availed previous Government assistance under any other scheme. Applicant should not be a defaulter of any loan.
Following documents need to be submitted for Mahila Kisan Yojana loan.
- Aadhaar Card is a mandatory document.
- 7/12 extract is to be submitted for Mahila Kisan Yojana
- Income certificate for proving the annual income of the family
- Domicile certificate is also necessary to be submitted
- Caste Certificate issued by Tahsildar can be produced
- Bank account book details
- Ration Card is also a mandatory document for MKY loan
Apply for Mahila Kisan Yojana Loan
Duly fill the Mahila Kisan scheme application form and submit the application form along with all documents (mentioned above) to the District Office of Leather Industries Development Corporation of Maharashtra (LIDCOM).
After processing the application form, LIDCOM will provide a loan to the corresponding loan account.
The loan has to be repaid within 5 years from the date of sanction. This time limit includes all delay period.