Maharashtra State Rural Livelihoods Mission (MSRLM)
Maharashtra State Rural Livelihoods Mission (MSRLM)
Maharashtra is one of the busiest states of India having its capital as Mumbai, the business city of India. Every man is trying to achieve his goal of earning a better livelihood for himself and his family. As most of the slums are in Maharashtra, Government has come up with a new Mission named as Maharashtra State Rural Livelihoods Mission (MSRLM). This mission will help the rural people to earn a better living in Maharashtra.
MSRLM is helping in creating effective as well as efficient platforms so that they can earn a better income through enhanced and improved access to financial as well as public services. Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD) is a Governmental body of India that emphasises over the rural development of country by raising the socio-economic concern development. Apart from socio-economic development. MoRD also takes the concern of health, education, drinking water as well as that of roads of country. This article explains some of the major topics related to the Maharashtra State Rural Livelihoods Mission (MSRLM) like scope, components, it’s special program, benefits, and it’s obstacles.
Scope of MSRLM
The MSRLM was formulated to support the organisations headed by numerous community that includes producers, federations, and SHGs. Earlier, it was predicted to formulate this MSRLM in an intensive manner within the state (including 315 blocks, and 23 districts of Maharashtra) and then, once the complete state has been covered in phased manner then, remaining area (including 10 districts, and 36 blocks) will be approached through lesser intensive manner. NRLM is a special component of MSRLM aims towards reaching out and mobilise Below Poverty Line (BPL) households that counts up to 7 Crores, 6 lakh villages, 600 Districts and 6000 blocks all over the country, India.
Components of MSRLM
- Institutional platform Building
- Revolving Fund
- Capital/Interest Subsidy
Objectives of MSRLM
- Main objective or the main goal is to reach out to 45 lakh rural people residing in slums of Maharashtra and help them to come above the poverty line and earn a better livelihood and their living.
- MSRLM also aims to convert poor people of India to small help groups, abbreviated as SHGs and thus, making them capable of self-employment.
- Help the poor people to attain a successful self-employment
- Under this MSRLM, a special program or component is running called, NRLP, i.e. National Rural Livelihoods Project. This project is funded by MSRLM as well as by the Government of India, IDA (International Development Association), and Govt. of Maharashtra.
- The funds given the joined bodies like Indian Govt., Maharashtra Govt., and IDA will be used only for those purposes for which these bodies have raised funds.
Benefits of MSRLM
- A more sources of income or earning a better livelihood will be generated for the people of India living their lives below the poverty line that counts up to 7 crores.
- A numerous of self-employed area will be raised so that their dependency over others get reduced.
- Through this mission, numerous of women can easily earn their independent living or livelihoods.
- New entrepreneurs will enter into the market and thus, raising the scope of more employment for the unemployed citizens of the country.
- Citizens living their live below the Poverty Line will raise their livelihoods and will no more come under the poverty line or the poverty threshold (poverty line is defined as the smallest amount or the minimum amount of money required by a family to live on their lives).
Ground Reality of MSRLM
Although Maharashtra State Rural Livelihoods Mission (MSRLM) or National Rural Livelihoods Mission (NRLM) has earned a good tenure or results since its launching date, there are practical difficulties that have been harming the good vision of this poverty alleviation project. Some of them are as follows:
- People take a lot of time to get emerged into a small group (including both men and women) while women tend to be very busy than men.
- Groups tend to throe the one who dares to think differently from the rest of the group or thinks to initiate a new business that might create a good source of employment in future.
- Men never had a tendency of working in a group while women are more trustworthy in terms of working in a group, but on the same side, men have a tendency of taking a bigger risk than women.
- Some states (like Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, and many more) have shown a great positive result by the implementation of NRLM while it is challenging to attain same positive result in some states like Rajasthan or Uttar Pradesh.
Keeping in mind the aforementioned shortcomings of MSRLM or NRLM, the Indian Government has come up with some good solutions to improve the results gained by this poverty alleviation project so that, the ration of citizens living below the poverty line to the citizens and above the poverty line will soon get balanced.
Post by Arnold Thomas
IndiaFilings is India's largest online compliance services platform dedicated to helping people start and grow their business, at an affordable cost. We were started in 2014 with the mission of making it easier for Entrepreneurs to start their business. We have since helped start and operate tens of thousands of businesses by offering a range of business services. Our aim is to help the entrepreneur on the legal and regulatory requirements, and be a partner throughout the business lifecycle, offering support at every stage to ensure the business remains compliant and continually growing.