LLR Slot Booking
LLR Slot Booking
According to the Indian Motor Vehicle Act 1988, no individual can ride a motorcycle in the Indian roads without carrying a valid license. This makes it mandatory for all individuals to apply for a driving license and get one. If a person is beginning to learn driving, then he or she has to apply for a Learner’s License. The Andra Pradesh government has made it easy to obtain a driving license in Andhra Pradesh by providing the LLR slot booking platform.
All residents of the State of Andhra Pradesh who want to take a learner licence test now will have first to book an LLR slot based on their convenience. The payment for LLR slot booking can be made online either through a credit card or a net banking account or any e-Seva centre or any RTO office. Once an LLR slot is booked, the applicant can arrive at the time provided to complete the test formalities.
LLR Types in AP
In Andra Pradesh, there three types of licenses. They are
- LMV or Light Motor Vehicles
- Transport Vehicles
- Motorcycles without Gear
If an individual is in need to obtain a permanent Driving License for Transport Vehicles, he or she has to first apply for a Learner License for Transport Vehicles and also should carry a valid driving license for light motor vehicles.
Pre-requisites for LLR Slot Booking
- The applicant has to have an Aadhaar card
- The applicant has to be above 16 years to apply for a license for Motor Cycle Without Gear (MCWG)
- The applicant should be above 18 years of age to apply for-Transport vehicles
- The applicant has to be above 20 years of age to apply for Transport vehicles. In addition to this, the applicant should also carry a Non-Transport License for more than one year
- In case, if the applicant is below 18 years of age, it requires the consent of the parent or guardian
- The form 1A has to be duly filled if the applicant is above 50 years of age
- The Form 1A should also be submitted by all applicants who apply for the Transport section of vehicles
- The applicant’s educational qualification should be 8th pass to apply for LLR Transport vehicles
- If the applicant already has an LLR or Driving Licence, there is no need to give computer LLR test
- To avail any LLR service, the applicant has to pay a certain fee amount
- If the applicant is differently-abled, he or she can only apply for Invalid Carriage vehicles and the Driving Ability Certificate and the Disability ID Card or Certificate has to be uploaded
- The applicant should be aware of the traffic rules and regulations
- The applicant must have a valid address proof document to upload if the present address is different from permanent address
Age limits to Obtain License
- To obtain a Learner License for motorcycles without gear, the applicant should have completed 16 years of age
- To obtain a Learner License for transport vehicles, the applicant should have completed 20 years of age
- To obtain a Learner License for other types of vehicles, the applicant should have completed 18 years of age
The procedure for applying for a license is as follows.
Step 1: Completing the application form
The applicant can directly download the form from the Meeseva online portal or the Andhra Pradesh Transport Department website, or the application can also be procured from the nearest RTO. On doing this, the application form along with the required documents has to be submitted to the office.
Step 2: Booking slot for Learner License
The applicant then has to book a test slot for Learner License by contacting the nearest RTO who issues the confirmation or can also book it online at Andhra Pradesh Transport Department website.
Step 3: Submission of permanent Driving License
The applicant has to submit the original permanent Driving License for LMV when applying for a Transport Vehicle License.
Step 4: Fee payment
The applicant has to pay a regular fee for taking up the Learner License test. If the applicant is applying offline, the payment can be made to the concerned RTO.
Step 5: Conducting Tests
The RTO office conducts a test for Learner License on the date and time chosen by the applicant. He or she has to complete the test successfully, to obtain the License.
Documents Required for LLR Slot Booking
The following documents are necessary to apply for a Learner License in Andra Pradesh.
- The applicant has to duly complete the Form 2
- Age proof (ration card, passport, voter ID, etc. can be used)
- Medical Certificate stating the physical fitness of the person
- Address proof (Aadhaar card, voter ID, passport, ration card, etc.)
- Passport size photographs of the applicant
- If the candidate is applying for a Learner License for Transport vehicle, he or she has to furnish the original driving license for Light Motor Vehicle that has been used for at least one year
To renew a license, the following steps have to be followed:
Step 1: Submitting the form
The applicant has to submit an application form as in From 9 to the respective RTO that has issued the Learner’s License.
Step 2: Submission of the documents
Required documents like photographs, address proof, identity proof and Medical Certificate should be submitted along with the application form.
Step 3: Fee Payment
While submitting the form, along with the documents, the applicants also have to pay a fee for the renewal.
Step 4: Approval of the application
After all this process, the RTO approves the application for Learner License renewal, and the updated License will be posted to the applicant’s residence.