Krishi Jeevan Kalyan Yojana
Krishi Jeevan Kalyan Yojana
India being an agrarian country focuses on the welfare of the farmers, as they are the cornerstone of the farming system. The Government of India emphasizes on the well-being of the farmers by implementing various schemes for the benefits of the farmers and their families. Under Chief Minister Schemes, the Government of Maharashtra has introduced a scheme called Krishi Jeevan Kalyan Yojana meaning farmer’s life welfare scheme to support the family of farmers and prevent them from debt after the farmer’s death due to an accident. The Agriculture Department of Maharashtra is the nodal department to implement this scheme. In this article, we look at the details of Krishi Jeevan Kalyan Yojana and its application procedure.
Features of Krishi Jeevan Kalyan Yojana
Under this scheme, if a farmer faces an unexpected death due to an accident, a financial assistance of Rs.4,00,000 is offered to the direct family of the farmer. To benefit from the scheme, it is mandatory that the accident was due to some agricultural activities such as digging wells for irrigation, installing tube wells, electric current or damaged electric lines running through the farm, agricultural machinery. If the farmer has been affected by a permanent disability, Rs.1,00,000 is disbursed as an aid while it is Rs.50,000 for a partial disability. Besides, this scheme also renders a support of Rs.4000 for the funeral.
Moreover, the application should be done within 90 days of the event in order to avail the mentioned benefits of this scheme.
The following conditions of eligibility should be satisfied to benefit from this scheme.
- The victim of the accident should be a resident of Madhya Pradesh.
- The benefits of the scheme are applicable only for a poor smallholder farmer whose agricultural work is crashed after his demise.
- The cause of death should be an accident due to agricultural activities. i.e., death due to illness, agrarian crisis are not considered.
- This scheme does not support those farmers who benefit from any other form of Government scheme.
- Delayed application i.e., applying after 90 days from the occurrence of the event makes the application invalid.
The prescribed documents should be attached along with the application form.
- Aadhar Card.
- Passport size photo
- Resident Certificate of Madhya Pradesh.
- Farmer’s income certificate.
- An account in a nationalized bank in Madhya Pradesh
- A copy of the first page of Voter Card / Pass Book of the Book as a Kisan Identity Card comprising the name, address, photo.
- Death Certificate of the deceased person
The Government of Madhya Pradesh accepts application for Krishi jeevan Kalyan Yojana through offline mode.
To avail the scheme offline, the applicant should visit the Sub-Divisional officer or the block officer of their respectice district and must collect the application form. After filling the application form the applicant should submit it to the Farmers Welfare Department of the State.
The copy of the application form is provided below that can be downloaded by the applicant.krishi jeevan kalyan yojana application form
The application form should be supported along with the copies of documents prescribed and passport size photograph.
Payment of Assistance
For this scheme, the advance amount will be credited to the consolidated account at the District Collector’s headquarters that will be later remitted to the beneficiary’s account.