Incredible India Tourist Facilitator Certification (IITFC)
Incredible India Tourist Facilitator Certification (IITFC)
The Ministry of Tourism, Government of India has launched the Incredible India Tourist Facilitator Certification (IITFC) Program for the Indian citizens to get actively involved in the Tourism Industry. IITFC Program will enable the citizens to develop and enhance their skills associated with the tourism industry, and also incorporate knowledge of facilitating tourists across the country. Let us look in detail about the Incredible India Tourist Facilitator Certification Program in the article.
To know about Starting an Adventure Travel Business in India
Objectives of IITFC
The below following are the primary objectives of IITFC Program are as follows:
- The initiative of IITFC Program aims to reach out for the audiences from most far-flung corners of the world.
- It acts as an enabler for transforming a local citizen with no specified skills but having proficiency in a regional/local language into a potential bread earner for their households.
- This initiative will ensure a rewarding experience for the tourists, as this initiative will also address the issue of tourist guides shortage as well as it will provide a lot of competition that will further ensure in providing the best tourist facilitators.
- The online learning management programme has been managed by the Indian Institute of Tourism and Travel Management.
- This online programme will lead to various advantages such as job creation for the local people, granting the local experience and traditional knowledge on tourist places and also it has the compliance of any age or any place people to join.
- This programme changes the concept of the tourist guides and it will be replaced by the tourist facilitators across the country.
The below following are the eligibility required to apply for the IITFC Program:
- IITFC encompass to attract and hire for diverse candidates ranging from the passionate student (freshers) to an ambitious homemaker those who are willing to grasp tourist facilitation skills from the comfort of their home.
- Any 10th or 12th pass out applicants can register online in the portal for the basic course.
- The applicant should have regional language proficiency or local language skills pertaining to that particular state.
- A qualified professional or a passive job seeker can register under this course to point an additional skill into the resume.
- The age limit of the applicant to be above18 years of age to register for this online course.
The essential documents to register for any online course under the IITFC Program:
- Identity Proof: PAN Card, Aadhaar Card, Driving License, Voter ID Card, etc.
- Address Proof: Aadhar Card, Valid Passport, Utility bill, Property tax bill, etc.
- Attested copies of 10th /12th certificate issued by competent authority to ascertain age and educational qualification.
- Documents related to the previous work experience (if any)
- Any other documents (if required)
The IITFC programme is divided into 3 categories that are explained as follows:
- Basic Level: Basic course has modules aimed at training the tourist’s facilitators in knowledge, skills and attitude fields. Also contains the state-specific modules.
- Advance Level: Advanced course will contain specialization courses for specific topics such as Heritage, Adventure, etc. This would be enabled only after the post successful completion of the Basic course.
- Language Level: The dedicated language-specific courses containing the modules pertaining to specific areas specializing in regional and lingual skills for the tourist facilitators.
Firstly, the applicant has to start with the basic level programme. After the completion of the basic level programme, there will be an internal assessment conducted by an agency through an online test. The applicant must have to pass the internal assessment or else the applicant will not receive the course certificate or further go on to pursue the advance level or language course.
Application Procedure for Registration under IITFC
To apply for any course under the Incredible India Tourist Facilitator Certification Program, kindly follow the below-given steps:
Access the Portal
Step 1: The applicant has to access the “Ministry of Tourism, Government of India” portal for the registration online course.
Step 2: One needs to register into the portal as the new user to apply for any course under this program.
Step 3: On the home page, the applicant has to click on the “ Incredible India Tourist Facilitator Certification (IITFC)” link which directs to the new user registration page.
Step 4: Then the applicant will have to click on the “Registration” tab which is displayed on the webpage of the portal.
Fill in the Right Credentials
Step 5: The applicant needs to enter the following required details on the registration form such as user name, Email address, first name/last name, State, select category, etc.
Step 6: Now, upload all the supporting documents that are mentioned above onto the portal before submitting the application.
Submit the Application
Step 7: Finally, the applicant will have to click on the Submit icon for the successful registration.
Login to the Portal
Step 8: Upon clicking on the Login tab, that redirects to the login page where the applicant has to log in with the user id and password else can also use the “Guest Login” account. In case if you’re an Existing Applicant, you can log in to the system directly.
Step 9: After login, the applicant can search for courses or select the courses from the given available list.
Step 10: The online course materials will also be provided to the applicants.
Note: A refresher course has been proposed for the launch in a due time for those existing applicants in the field seeking at an advanced level course to enhance their skill set. This will include multiple interactive modules by the experts in the domain and from trained facilitators who are already active in the industry.
Step 11: The applicant can enrol in the basic course comprising of seven modules which are aimed at training the facilitators for the development of knowledge, skills and attitude domains at an applicable charge of INR 2000.
Step 12: Now the applicant has to pay the prescribed fee for the selected course. Upon making the payment, the applicant will receive an acknowledgement for further reference.
Issuance of Certificate
The learner can become a certified Tourist Facilitator of Ministry of Tourism on completion of the successful completion of the IITFC Program.