Import of Denatured Ethyl Alcohol
Import of Denatured Ethyl Alcohol
The Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) has notified the necessary documents required for obtaining the import authorization for Import of Denatured Ethyl Alcohol. The DGFT has amended the Import Policy of Denatured Ethyl Alcohol and placed their imports in the restricted category from free earlier. Hence the importer needs to obtain import authorization from the Government for the import of Denatured Ethyl Alcohol. The importer can apply for import authorization/license online through the new DGFT Platform under the Restricted Item category.
Synopsis of Trade Notification
To expedite the process of approval of import authorization for the import of Denatured Ethyl Alcohol (DEA), the exporters are requested to furnish some additional documents along with the prescribed application ANF 2M form.
Import Policy of Denatured Ethyl Alcohol
Import policy of ‘Ethyl Alcohol and other spirits, denatured, of any strength’, has been changed from ‘Free’ to ‘Restricted’ vide a Notification No. 6/2015-2020 dated 24.05.2019. Accordingly, prospective importers of the Denatured Ethyl Alcohol shall have to apply in ANF-2M to obtain a license from DGFT.
- To make the process easy, the applicants have to fill up the proforma along with the application.
- This additional feature is being added to the existing online application.
- The license will be issued by DGFT on an AU basis without further consultation with the Ministry of Chemicals and Petrochemicals.
Accordingly, henceforth all applicants who intend to import Denatured Ethyl Alcohol will have to submit information as per the enclosed proforma for consideration/processing of the applications by DGFT.
Necessary Documents Required for Import of Denatured Ethyl Alcohol
All applicants who intend to import Ethyl Alcohol Denatured will submit the following Necessary Documents for consideration/processing of the application and issue the import authorization for Import of Denatured Ethyl Alcohol:
- The exports are requested to furnish the following Necessary Documents Import and usage pattern of last five years indicating year-wise production of finished products mentioning the IUPAC (International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry) name and its chemical structure and corresponding consumption of Denatured Ethyl Alcohol with balance remained at the plant site both in terms of volume and weight
- Complete and detailed stepwise production process with balanced chemical reactions involved that is stoichiometric material balance with calculation (stepwise material balance) for each of the products consuming denatured ethyl alcohol
- Approved installed capacity of the finished products, produced at the plant site; consuming denatured ethyl alcohol along with them a copy of the approval from Government of India/State Government (Industrial Entrepreneur Memorandum)/MSME Registration; an authentic document of Government of India/State Government
- Valid Environmental clearance for each of the products being manufactured at the plant site along with the documentary evidence
Note: All documents must be duly self-attested by the authorized person of the firm. The format of the proforma is attached below for reference:Trade Notice- to be uploaded-2
Procedure to get Authorization for Import of Denatured Ethyl Alcohol
- The applicant needs to access the new DGFT platform, and select the service tab from the main menu.
- The list of services will be displayed to select “Online ECOM Application”. The link will redirect to the new page.
- Click on the Restricted Item (import) License, the application page will be displayed.
- Enter Mobile Number or E-mail id and click on the get OTP button. Furnish the OTP received on the mobile or e-mail id and click on the SUBMIT button to proceed further. After the successful login Main Menu will appear.
- Select the create a new ECOM option from the left side menu, a new form for Import of Restricted Item will appear on screen with some pre-filled details like (ECOM Ref Number, ECOM Date), etc
- After providing the applicant details such as IEC details, click on the SAVE button to save the application.
- Select the Import policy of Item to be imported as (Restricted) from the drop-down menu and provide the following details on the respective page.
- Canalized Detail
- Government Supply Detail
- Import Item form details – Item Serial number is auto-generated.
- Specify other details like ITCHS Code, Quantity, UOM of Quantity, CIF in Foreign Currency (FC), FC Type, Country of Origin, Purpose of Import (Actual / Trading), and Detail Justification
- Select the Import type of item from the drop-down menu
Now click on the Upload Document button to upload all the above-mentioned documents along 3 with the application. Make sure all documents size should not exceed 5 MB each. All documents should be in pdf format only. In case the total document size is more than 5 MB please send it to [email protected] mentioning the ECOM Reference Number and File Number and File Date.
Press the pay application fee as applicable by clicking on the PAY Fee button. Click on submit button you will be redirected to the payment gateway to make your payment. After successful payment, click on the Print Application button to review the application details
Next, Select the DGFT RA office to submit your application from the drop-down menu. Now click on the SUBMIT Application button to submit your application.
Once the DGFT accepted the request, the import license for the shipment of PPE Medical Coveralls will be issued.
Click here to know more about the official notification pertaining to the Import of Denatured Ethyl Alcohol