How do I check if a company is MCA?
How do I check if a company is in MCA?
The MCA portal is an essential resource for anyone wanting information about companies registered in India, including their legal and financial status, directors and shareholders, and other details. Suppose you plan to do business with a company or want to verify its registration status and further information. In that case, checking if the company is registered with the MCA is essential. In this article, we will look at how to check if a company is registered with the MCA and explain why verifying a company’s registration status with the MCA is essential.
Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA)
The Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) is a government portal in India that contains details of all the companies incorporated in India. The MCA maintains a database called the “MCA21 system,” which includes information on all the companies registered under the Companies Act 2013 and earlier laws.
One can check the following details from the site.
- Company registration number
- Date of incorporation of the company
- Type of company
- Charges of a company
- Directors of the company
A company’s balance sheets, other documents, and annual returns can also be accessed on the website for a fee.
Reasons for checking Company in MCA
- Legal compliance: All companies in India are required to be registered with the MCA and comply with various legal and regulatory requirements, including the filing of annual returns, financial statements, and other documents. By checking if a company is registered with the MCA, you can ensure it complies with these legal requirements.
- Verification of company details: The MCA maintains a database of all the companies registered in India, along with their details, such as the company’s name, address, directors, and shareholders. By checking the MCA records, you can verify a company’s authenticity and ensure its details are accurate.
- Business transactions: If you plan to do business with a company, such as entering into a partnership or signing a contract, verifying its registration status with the MCA is essential to ensure it is a legitimate company.
- Financial information: The MCA records also contain information about a company’s financial status, such as its authorized and paid-up capital and any charges or mortgages the company has created on its assets. By checking this information, you can better understand a company’s financial position and make informed business decisions.
Overall, checking if a company is registered with the MCA can help you make informed decisions about doing business with the company and protect you from potential fraud or legal issues.
Procedure to Check if a company registered in MCA
If you want to check if a company is registered with the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) in India, you can follow these steps:
- Go to the MCA website at https://www.mca.gov.in/
- Click the “MCA Services” tab and select “View Company or LLP Master Data.”
- Enter the name or CIN (Corporate Identification Number) of the company you want to check.
- Click on the “Search” button.
If the company is registered with the MCA, you can see its details, including its name, CIN, date of incorporation, registered office address, directors, and other information.
- Name of Company
- ROC code
- Company registration number
- Company Category
- Class of company
- Date of Incorporation
- Authorized and paid-up capital
- Date of incorporation
- Number of Members
- Registered company address and e-mail
- Assets under charge
- Information of all the directors of the company
Suppose you don’t have the CIN or name of the company. You can search for it using the “Advanced Search” option on the MCA website. You can search for companies by criteria such as their registered office state, status, and date of incorporation.
If the company is not registered with the MCA, you will receive a message stating, “No matches found.”