Haryana Occupancy Certificate
Haryana Occupancy Certificate
Occupation certificate is an important legal document certifying that a particular building is constructed in accordance with the approval norms. In Haryana, occupancy certificate is issued by the Department of Urban Local Bodies if the constructed building is in a suitable condition for occupancy. In this article, we look at the procedure for obtaining Haryana occupancy certificate in deatil.
Haryana Building Code 2017
As per the provisions of the Haryana Building Code 2017, an application form has to be submitted after the completion of the construction for the issuance of the occupation certificate. The concerned officer, after inspecting the premises, may issue or reject the occupancy within sixty days from the date of receipt of the application.
Importance of Occupation Certificate
An occupation certificate serves the following purposes:
- Acts as a legal recognition for occupying a property.
- Helps in claiming income-tax benefits on house loans, in addition to the provision of house loan report.
- Serves to acquire an electricity supply connection or water connection/sanitary connection.
- Assists a person in getting a copy of the certified deed.
- The document is required at the time of purchasing or selling a property.
Occupation Certificate Vs Completion Certificate
Completion Certificate: On completion of the building, the developer or the owner of the building has to apply for a Completion Certificate to the local municipal officials.
If the building is developed as per the stated norms, the authorised officer will grant a copy of completion certificate.
Occupation Certificate: Once the applicant receives the Completion Certificate, they have to further apply for an Occupation Certificate from the local municipal officials.
Occupation certificate certifies that the building has complied with all the basic building terms and conditions. This document is distributed by the local municipal officer or by the department of urban local bodies that grants no objection to the buildings as per the specified laws. An Occupancy Certificate is provided if the construction has been completed in all phases.
The following documents are to be furnished along with the application form:
- Details of sanctionable violations from the approved building plans, (if any) in the building, jointly signed by the owner, architect and engineer.
- Complete sketch of the building along with completion certificate, which can be obtained from the architect as per Form BR-VI.
- Photographs of the front, side, rear setbacks and front and rear elevation of the building shall be submitted along with photographs of essential areas like cut-outs and shafts from the rooftop. An uneditable compact disc/ DVD/ any other electronic media containing all photographs shall also be submitted.
- Completion certificate from Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) Certified Energy Auditor for installation of Rooftop Solar Photo Voltaic Power Plant in accordance with the orders/ policies issued by the Renewable Energy Department from time-to-time.
- Completion Certificate from HAREDA or Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) Certified Energy Auditor for constructing the building by the provision of ECBC, wherever applicable.
- No Objection Certificate (NOC) of fire safety of building from concerned Chief Fire Officer or an officer authorised for the purpose.
Online Application Procedure
Applicants can apply online for occupancy certificate in the Haryana State by following the steps specified below:
Visit the Official Website
Step 1: Kindly visit the official portal of Directorate of Urban Local Bodies (Haryana) Department.
Step 2: Click on “Issuance of Occupation Certificate” option from the online services option which is visible on the homepage of the portal.
Step 3: On the next screen select “Click here to apply” tab to initiate the application online.
Step 4: Upon clicking, the following online form will appear on the next screen.
Occupation Certificate Application Form
Step 5: The applicant has to complete the application form with relevant details such as:
- Applicant details
- Type of Building
- Building name
- Building height
- Area type
Step 6: After filling with the detailed information, the user has to upload the document along with the application form and then press the” Save” button.
Step 7: Upon submission of the Occupation application, the applicant will receive an acknowledgement receipt as the confirmation of submission.
Step 8: The Clerk of the Municipal Corporation checks the documents along with the application submitted online.
Step 9: If the details are found to be correct, the Clerk will enter his comments and click on update. Once clicked, the system will randomly allocate an inspector based on the application.
Uploading Inspection Report
Step 10: The concerned authority will check the risk involved in the application based on the documents submitted. If it is found to be low / moderate, the document will be issued without inspecting the site. The officer will then calculate chargers the charges to be bourne by the applicant, which will be notified to him/her via SMS / Email.
Step 11: If the building is classed under high risk, the Building inspector will inspect the building and will upload the details of the inspection report on the portal. The application can also be rejected the on the discovery of any discrepancy.
Step 12: The concerned authority will update the final approval status of the application after the payment is made by the applicant.
Step 13: Once approved, an SMS and e-mail confirming the acceptance of the Occupation Certificate will be sent to the applicant.
Download Occupation Certificate
The user can download the Occupation Certificate by revisiting the official portal. The procedure for the same is provided below:
Step 1: Click on the option “Verification of Certificate, ” which is displayed on the homepage of the portal.
Step 2: Now, enter the required details such as:
- Application type
- Application ID
- Applicant name
- Mobile number
After entering the required details, the applicant will receive an OTP to his/her registered mobile number:
Step 3: Enter the OTP to view the status of your certificate.
Step 4: Once the status of the certificate is approved, the applicant can download the digitally signed certificate by clicking on the “Print Certificate” button.
The entire process of issuing an Occupation certificate will last for fifteen days from the date of application.
Issuance of Occupancy Certificate
To start with, the concerned officer will submit an Inspection report to the Commissioner, Municipal Corporation, E.O. Municipal Council and Secretary, and Municipal Committee along with the report of the document submitted by the applicant.
The concerned authority may grant or reject the issuance of occupation certificate within sixty days from the date of receipt of the application.