Harishchandra Sahayata Yojana
Harishchandra Sahayata Yojana
The Government of Odisha has initiated “Harishchandra Sahayata Yojana” to provide financial assistance to the poor and destitute for conducting cremation. Under this scheme, the Government provides assistance of Rs. 2,000 in Rural Areas and Rs. 3,000 in urban areas to the family of the deceased to perform last rites and rituals. In this article, we look at the Harishchandra Sahayata Yojana in detail.
Features of the Scheme
Some important features of the scheme are listed below:
- The state government has launched an online application software for the online disbursement of Harishchandra Sahayata Yojana (HSY) Assistance.
- The State Government has allocated financial assistance of Rs. 14 crores from Chief Minister’s Relief Fund (CMRF) and from this total amount, Rs. 10 cores will be directly from the CMRF Funds while the remaining 4 crores will come through Collectors.
- The poor people can easily perform the last rites, and CMRF Portal will provide service delivery in 16 districts initially.
- In the last 2 years, the government has provided assistance of approximately Rs. 32 crores to 1.68 lakhs poor and destitute families of the deceased.
- Under Mahaprayan Hearse Service, the Government has already provided 39 vehicles for 29 districts along with 3 vehicles for 6 medical colleges for carrying the deceased person.
- CMRF will contribute funds for the implementation of Harishchandra Sahayata Scheme, Mahaprayan hearse service and Aahar programmes.
- The Government has also started the Mahaprayan Initiative for carrying the dead body of the family members from their place to the cremation.
The required documents must be furnished along with the application form are as follows:
- Patient’s Identity Proof: PAN, Aadhar Card, Driving License, Voter Identity Card, etc.
- Patient’s Address Proof: Aadhar, Valid Passport, Utility bill, Property tax bill, etc.
- Below the Poverty Line (BPL) Card
- Family Income Certificate
Harishchandra Sahayata Yojana Registration Procedure
In general, the applicants will have to follow the below procedures to make the registration online under this scheme.
Step 1: The applicant has to go to the official portal of the Chief Minister’s Relief Fund (CMRF) to apply for the scheme.
Step 2: Click on the “Harishchandra Sahayata Yojana” link on the homepage of the portal.
Step 3: Upon clicking on the tab, that redirects to the login page where the applicant has to log in with the user id and password.
Step 4: After login, the applicant will have to click on the “HSY Application Form” on the portal. Then the HSY application form will be displayed as shown below:
Step 5: Now, fill out all the requested details in the application form such as Purpose of Assistance, Name, Age and Date of Birth of Patient, Contact details, Identity Proof of Patient, Residential Information, etc.
Step 6: The applicant has to upload all the documents as mentioned above.
Step 7: After completing, click on the ‘submit’ button to complete the Registration Process.
Step 8: Finally, the applicants can avail the financial assistance for cremation.