GST Portal – GST GOV IN
GST Portal – GST.GOV.IN
GST.GOV.IN is the official Government Portal for GST in India. The GST.GOV.IN portal is owned by the GSTN, which is a Government-owned entity created solely for managing all aspects of GST in India. GSTN has outsourced the development and maintenance of GST.GOV.IN to Infosys. In this article, we look at the various aspects of the Government GST Portal in detail.
GST.GOV.IN (GST Portal) Login
Any person who has GST registration can access the GST.GOV.IN portal. During the GST registration process, the applicant is first provided with a Temporary Reference Number (TRN) for completion of the registration process. On obtaining registration, the Temporary Reference Number (TRN) is converted into a GST Username and Password. Using the username and password, the persons having GST registration can perform various functions to manage all aspects pertaining to GST.
Registration at GST Portal
All taxpayers who require GST registration must apply and obtain GST registration through the GST.GOV.IN portal. GST registration is mandatory in India for all entities having an aggregate turnover of more than Rs.20 lakhs per annum. In addition, entities having inter-state sales or sales through e-commerce platforms may also have to obtain GST registration, irrespective of the turnover criteria. The entire GST registration process can be completed online on the GST.GOV.IN portal within 20 minutes.
Step 1: To begin a GST registration application on the GST.GOV.IN portal, go to https://www.gst.gov.in/ URL.
Step 2: Click the Services > Registration > New Registration option.
GST Return Filing
All aspects of GST return filing can be completed through the GST.GOV.IN website. The GST.GOV.IN portal allows for the uploading and viewing of the following types of GST Returns:
- GSTR-3B Nil Return
To file GST returns, the taxpayer must have the GST portal username and password, as shown above. Also, any person authorized by the Authorised Signatory of a business as its GST Practitioner will be able to access the GST Portal on behalf of the business for filing GST returns.
To begin filing GST returns on GST.GOV.IN, follow the steps below:
- Access the www.gst.gov.in URL. The GST Home page is displayed.
- Login to the GST Portal with valid credentials i.e., your user id and password.
- Click the Services > Returns > Returns Dashboard command.
- Select the Month and Year and the Type of Return to be filed.
Know more about GST return due dates and procedure for filing GST returns:
All GST refund applications are processed through the GST.GOV.IN portal. Any person who has overpaid GST or has unutilized input tax credit can apply for a refund through the GST Portal. Also, GST LUT or Export Bond can be filed online on the GST Portal. The following types of GST refunds applications can be submitted on the GST Portal:
- Refund on Account of Export of goods (with payment of Tax)
- Filing GST FORM RFD-01 A
- Applying for Refund on Account of Assessment/ Provisional Assessment/ Appeal/ Any Other Order
- Applying of Refund By Embassies/ International Organizations
In addition to the above, GST refund status can be check through the GST Portal.
All GST payments have to be initiated on the GST.GOV.IN Portal. The system has facilities for:
- Creating Challans
- Viewing Saved Challans
- Making Online GST Payment
- Creating Making Offline Payment
- Tracking GST Payment Status
- Canceling Over the Counter (OTC) Challan
To initiate a GST Payment, follow the steps below:
- Access the https://www.gst.gov.in/ URL. The GST Home page is displayed.
- Click the Services > Payments > Create the Challan command.
- The Create Challan page is displayed. In the GSTIN/UIN/TMPID field, enter your GSTIN.
- In case UN Bodies, Embassies, Government Offices, or Other Notified persons wants to create a Challan in pre-login, they need to provide Unique Identification Number (UIN).
- If the Tax Return Preparers wants to create a Challan in pre-login, they need to provide Tax Return Preparer Identification Number (TRPID).
- In case an unregistered dealer having temporary ID wants to create a Challan in pre-login, they need to provide Temporary Identification Number (TMPID).
- Click the PROCEED button.
You can get support for the GST.GOV.IN portal using the help desk number of the Grievance Redressal Portal.
Help Desk Number: 0120-4888999
To submit a grievances/complaints regarding GST Portal, perform the following steps:
- Access the GST Portal by visiting the URL www.gst.gov.in
- Log in with your credentials.
- Click the Services > User Services > Grievance / Complaints command.
Grievances can be submitted either before or after logging-in to the GST Portal. However, payment related grievances can only be submitted by registered users or Taxpayers, since they are required to mention the GSTIN.
Click here to register GST or for Temporary GST Registration