Goa Caste Certificate
Goa Caste Certificate
The Government of India protects the rights of the backward class by distributing the benefits equally and providing special provisions to promote education, income and welfare of such people. Therefore, caste certificate is a legal document that enables the underprivileged people to avail the privileges provided by the Government. In this article, we look at the procedure for obtaining Goa caste certificate in detail.
Purpose of Caste Certificate
Caste certificate is a document that people of scheduled caste, scheduled tribe and other backward class should possess to benefit from the advantages. Some of the benefits of the special reservation are mentioned below:
- Caste certificate is vital to avail seats in certain educational institutions and governmental entities under reserved quotas. Students require a caste certificate for admission in school/college or to claim scholarships offered by the Government.
- In terms of employment, job seekers who apply for government jobs need this legal document as evidence. Further, to apply for any Government scheme or to receive certain subsidies requires a caste certificate.
The eligibility criteria to obtain the caste certificate from Goa is below.
- Persons belonging to any caste by birth, and as listed/amended in Schedule-1 of the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes Act 1976 can apply for a caste certificate.
- To obtain the caste certificate in Goa, the applicant should be a citizen of India and a permanent resident of Goa.
- The name of the applicant should be in the SC/ST, SEBC and OBC list issued by the Government of Goa.
To apply for the caste certificate in Goa, submit the documents along with the application form:
- Aadhaar card /Voter’s card (if any). [Self-attested]
- Birth Certificate of the applicant. [Self-attested]
- Birth Certificate of applicant’s father or any relatives from father’s side. [Self-attested]
- Applicant’s school leaving certificate and Bonafide Certificate issued by school authorities. [Self-attested]
- Documents showing that the applicant’s father or grandfather belong to SC/ST notified by Government. [Self-attested]
- Documents showing that applicant/applicant’s family was residing in Goa prior to 19/02/1968 [For SC/ST]. [Self-attested]
- Samaj Certificate. [Self-attested]
- Talathi’s report along with the report of the concerned Mamlatdar (Original)
- Marriage Certificate in case of a married woman. [Self-attested]
- Affidavit (Annexure – E)
- Documents showing that the applicant’s father or grandfather belong to OBC notified by Government. [Self-attested]
- Documents showing that applicant/applicant’s father was residing in Goa prior to 19/02/1968 [For OBC]. [Self-attested]
- Income Certificate issued by the competent authority for the preceding 3 years. (Village Panchayat / Municipality / C.C.P.)
Designated Officer: Deputy Collector/Sub Divisional Officer
Appellate Authority: Additional Collector-II
This service does not involve any charges in Goa.
The application-processing period for the caste certificate in Goa will be 10 Days.
The applicant can apply in either online or offline mode.
Offline Application Process:
Step 1: To apply offline, the applicant should visit the Offices of Sub-Divisional Magistrates on any working day in the area where he/she resides.
Step 2: The applicant should put up his/her application at the e-Suvidha Centers located in the Offices of Sub-Divisional Magistrates in the prescribed form along with the mentioned documents:- (Annexure D)
The copies of the application form and other necessary documents are provided below that can be downloaded by the applicant.Goa Caste Certificate Application Form
Goa Caste Certificate Affidavit (Annexure E)
Goa Self Declaration for SCST
Goa Self Declaration for OBC
Step 3: An acknowledgement receipt for the same is issued which contains the delivery date for his/her certificate, printed on the receipt.
Step 4: The application will be sent to the Talathi concerned, asking for his report within 3 days.
Step 5: Mamlatdar will issue Caste Certificate after getting Talathis report.
Online Application Process
Step 1: To apply online for caste certificate, visit the official website of e-District Goa online portal.
Step 2: The login section to access e-forms appears on the right side of the home page.
Step 3: In the case of the new user, click ‘Register here’ that redirects to the registration page.
Step 4: Enter the email address and mobile number in the respective text boxes provided. Click on generate OTP.
Step 5: The applicant will receive the two separate OTP’s on the respective mobile number and email address. Enter the OTP and submit to continue with the registration process.
Step 6: Enter your name, address and aadhaar number in respective text boxes provided. Enter your password to be set. Re-enter the same password for confirmation.
Step 7: Enter the captcha code and click on Register. On successful registration, a confirmation mail will be sent to your registered email address.
Login to apply
Step 8: Log in to the portal using the registered id and password.
Step 9: Select the Caste Certificate from the list of available services. The application form for caste certificate appears.
Step 10: Fill out the form properly. Upload the scanned copies of the document. Enter the captcha and click submit.
Step 11: Upon submission of application, the system will generate an acknowledgement number for the application. Note the number to track the status of the application and for other future purposes.
Track Application Status
The applicant can track the status of the application in the online portal of e-District Goa. Select the service as ‘Caste Certificate’ from the drop-down list and enter the acknowledgement number. On clicking the submit button, the status of the application is displayed.
Once the application process is over and approved by the authority, the digitally signed application will be released in the portal. The applicant can verify and print the certificate after checking for its correctness.